Want to travel to USA with Thai GF (Canadian)

Hey,

So we decided we want to take a trip out to USA, my GF is Thai, and I am Canadian. She has an interview set at the US embassy tomorrow. Should I, or maybe I should say CAN I, write a letter of recommendation or invitation for the US officer to read during her interview? I just want to state that I will be looking after her and taking care of all the costs involved in her travels.

Thank you! Merry xmas!

Not sure! (I am someone who knows more about this will chime in soon)  but i was watching US council General, interview on a thai (english language) radio posted in this forum, and he said the most important criteria was ties to Thailand and reasons to return and not overstay. They will also need to know that she has the funds to support herself while there. (that's where your letter comes in I assume)

If you were American I would say no, don't write, they will think she will try to stay there with you. But you are not. 

But Canada is so close to America and the US/Canadian border so porous, I am not sure if they might think that she will try to cross. 

just thinking out loud, I am following this thread to see what others have to say.

Good Luck

• Sad 1

Does she have a decent job and work history? Has she traveled outside of Thailand and has she traveled with you? Did she get a visa to visit Canada? Hopefully the answer is yes to all three and then the chances of her getting a visa should be good. If she can answer yes to at least the first 2 questions, then a letter detailing where you plan to visit and information about you might help. 

She has to apply for a US Visa. 

My wife (Thai ) and I were cruising through the Niagara area, thought we'd take a side trip to the Thousand Islands on the US side.  I'm Canadian, she has a 5 year Canadian Visa.  They stopped us at the border, tossed (tore apart to search) the car etc, and not only refused her entry, but it (and I) got ugly with the US Customs officials.  I"m accustomed to entering the US (work and tourism), nonchalantly (I work (consult) for a US Oil major).  Now she's good to go.  Anyways, your GF needs a visa (easy as pie to get her one).

unfortunately, she was denied before the interview even started... she's been to Canada and 8 other countries, always leaving on time, etc. sufficient funds in her bank account, but she is currently unemployed since she is focusing herself on her studies..

20 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

She has to apply for a US Visa. 

My wife (Thai ) and I were cruising through the Niagara area, thought we'd take a side trip to the Thousand Islands on the US side.  I'm Canadian, she has a 5 year Canadian Visa.  They stopped us at the border, tossed (tore apart to search) the car etc, and not only refused her entry, but it (and I) got ugly with the US Customs officials.  I"m accustomed to entering the US (work and tourism), nonchalantly (I work (consult) for a US Oil major).  Now she's good to go.  Anyways, your GF needs a visa (easy as pie to get her one).

does your wife have a 5 year tourist visa? does she have to leave the country every 6 months?