EC shortlists 413 inspectors to ensure fair elections across Thailand

webfact

EC shortlists 413 inspectors to ensure fair elections across Thailand

2018-12-11T053103Z_1_LYNXMPEEBA0A5_RTROPTP_2_THAILAND-POLITICS.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 26 December 2018 (NNT) - Thailand's Election Commission (EC) has begun assigning electoral inspectors to their respective polling districts nationwide, while investigating claims of irregularities surrounding the Palang Pracharat Party. 

A total of 413 inspectors, out of 583 candidates, have been chosen at random to ensure the legitimacy of the polling process across 350 electoral districts nationwide. They are tasked with reviewing the operations of related local agencies to prevent election fraud. 

Thailand’s 77 provinces and special administrations were divided into 10 groups of 7-9 provinces. Each province has at least two inspectors who have established domicile in the province, as well as additional inspectors with domicile in the same provincial group. For provinces with up to five electoral districts, there are five inspectors. Provinces with 6-8 districts have six inspectors, while provinces with 9-10 districts have seven, and those with 12 or more districts have eight. However, the 413 inspectors are still subject to further consideration in the next EC meeting. 

Regarding allegations of fundraising violations and illegitimate handouts of welfare cards by the Palang Pracharat Party, EC Secretary-General Pol Col Jarungwit Phumma reported that the commission is in the middle of investigating the claims and gathering evidence and witness testimonies.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-12-26

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

Regarding allegations of fundraising violations and illegitimate handouts of welfare cards by the Palang Pracharat Party, EC Secretary-General Pol Col Jarungwit Phumma reported that the commission is in the middle of investigating the claims and gathering evidence and witness testimonies.

Look, I can predict the future:

After forming a committee to investigate, it was found there wasn't enough evidence any irregularities had occurred.

I understand that someone in our village applied.

Couldn't afford the price of the job.

I know someone who was invited to take a 'Poo Chuay' job with the local 'Pooyay Bahn'. It cost 40,000THB and involved doing all the stuff the Pooyay Bahn didn't want to do while allowing the Pooyay Bahn to collect all the expenses.

Some muppet coughed up and took da job. Welcome to Thailand.

8 hours ago, HalfLight said:

I understand that someone in our village applied.

Couldn't afford the price of the job.

I know someone who was invited to take a 'Poo Chuay' job with the local 'Pooyay Bahn'. It cost 40,000THB and involved doing all the stuff the Pooyay Bahn didn't want to do while allowing the Pooyay Bahn to collect all the expenses.

Some muppet coughed up and took da job. Welcome to Thailand.

Interestng, we are all against corruption, so name WHERE!

Archived