Massive New Development In Nongkwai

EL159

I live at Sansaran, just off the Samoeng Road. We live at the edge of the project, and just over the wall at the edge of the Moo Bahn was open fields close to the village of Nongkwai. A couple of months ago, a massive new development started to take shape. To all the world, it looks big enough to be an indoor sports stadium, massive metal roof, about 50 foot in the air, covering an area which must be 70 to 80 metres long and 30 to 40 metres across. 

It looks completely out of place where it is, and all we can find out is that its some kind of "social facility" for the village.....when I say its big, I m not exaggerating, it must be costing millions of baht, does anybody reading this have any idea whats going on? 

• Thanks 1

Winnie, No, not being snobbish or anything! Until 2 months ago my house looked out on trees and open fields, now it looks out on 50 foot girders and a big ugly ( super ugly in fact) metal roof....not surprising we re intrigued as to whats going on.

So its a sports stadium? For the local soccer club? Someone heard rumours of a swimming pool too?

Anything you know greatly appreciated as a whole bunch of Sansaran residents worried in case the relative peace and quiet we have now is likely to be suffering loud music etc all the time in the future !!

Edited by EL159
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, EL159 said:

Winnie, No, not being snobbish or anything! Until 2 months ago my house looked out on trees and open fields, now it looks out on 50 foot girders and a big ugly ( super ugly in fact) metal roof....not surprising we re intrigued as to whats going on.

So its a sports stadium? For the local soccer club? Someone heard rumours of a swimming pool too?

Anything you know greatly appreciated as a whole bunch of Sansaran residents worried in case the relative peace and quiet we have now is likely to be suffering loud music etc all the time in the future !!

I would think unless completely indoor, it will almost certainly involve noise. The other thing to consider is that most types of that metal roofing can be tremendously noisy when it rains.

22 minutes ago, EL159 said:

Winnie, No, not being snobbish or anything! Until 2 months ago my house looked out on trees and open fields, now it looks out on 50 foot girders and a big ugly ( super ugly in fact) metal roof....

Yes.. in Thailand, if you like having a view you need to buy all of the view. 

Don't know; it's usually easier to find the design plans somewhere but nothing came up other than the building start ceremony.   So I don't know what it'll look like but chances are it won't be worse than Sansaran's own private sports club.  Which looks like this. ????

Capture.JPG.f2b89fe356fb087841ca61b5591af673.JPG

Someone at the community management group should just pop into the Nong Khwai district office and have a chat. 

Thank you for sharing this by the way; I had no idea that this was being constructed. I live not too far away.

The curse of buying where all seems so peaceful.   I had a house with a view and no neighbors in Doi Saket.

Moved in and discovered the caretaker had ten chickens...the kind that crow all day.   Then at 7 in the morning the ultralight flies overhead.   Every morning.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Part of the reason I would never buy here- you can never know what will pop up nearby, even in the country. I feel your pain though.

Especially in the country.  In the city there are a couple more regulations. 

And you can still buy;  if you've bought somewhere desirable enough for other people to build stuff near you then that means the price went up, and worst case you can sell or rent out and buy elsewhere. 

I finally acquired a place with a Doi Suthep view recently. Long may it last, but I also know that nothing is forever.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai