Desperate to stay in Thailand "Overstay ALI" changes name to ALY

webfact

Desperate to stay in Thailand "Overstay ALI" changes name to ALY

1pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A blacklisted Egyptian was so desperate to stay in Thailand that after he was deported in April he changed his name and got a new passport. 

But changing his name from Motazz Ali to Motazz Aly was not enough to fool Krabi immigration when he came back. 

He made it past airport checks but Krabi immigration picked up the 27 year old at a room in Ao Nang at the southern Thai resort yesterday. 

Ali had been banned from Thailand for ten years in April after overstaying 931 days. But went back to Egypt and changed his name slightly on a new passport. 

He admitted everything and said he wanted to open a restaurant in Ao Nang with a friend. 

He will be deported again. 

Sanook said in their headline that Ali loved Thailand. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-27

33 minutes ago, somtumwrong said:

'Western European' immigration should come to a learning trip to Thailand. Thai immigration could show how to throw out useless 'I love your country' -people.

Or they could show how to throw out useless 'I hate this country' -people......

2 hours ago, BestB said:

I wonder what tipped them off as he did get through airport, would not surprise me if someone dobbed him in

Don't underestimate the Immigration database.  He probably returned to the same residence he used in the past. That got correlated with the name similarity.  "Hey, look at this..."

3 hours ago, somtumwrong said:

'Western European' immigration should come to a learning trip to Thailand. Thai immigration could show how to throw out useless 'I love your country' -people.

The UK put 26,215 illegal immigrants into detention last year, how many has Operation X-ray foreigner caught so far?

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Don't underestimate the Immigration database.  He probably returned to the same residence he used in the past. That got correlated with the name similarity.  "Hey, look at this..."

Not to mention "date of birth" as another reference point... 

2 hours ago, overherebc said:
2 hours ago, dddave said:

Facial recognition software is pretty good nowadays as well.

6 hours ago, somtumwrong said:

So could Egyptian immigration. They might catch a few of the many Thais that are living and working in their country illegally.

8 hours ago, Lemonltr said:
9 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

The UK put 26,215 illegal immigrants into detention last year, how many has Operation X-ray foreigner caught so far?

But how many were deported? 

None. They were all given a council house!

Archived