How Busy will it be at Bali Hai Countdown?

dennis123

It will be packed especially around the stage area..there are normally some beer tents with tables and seats for a price !!!!!

I'm just going to watch it on Mono29 channel  in the comfort of my air-conditioned room with a nice cold beer.

cowdow1.thumb.jpg.a15e1c5cb630070a2f01bfac05a9ff43.jpg

18 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Think sardines in a tin......that should give you an idea! 

And watch out for the pick pocket gangs!!

Oh darn, I hate that, but just celebrating it in a bar also gets boring, and my new might-be-future-partner probably doesn't appreciate it if I take him to some bar area where I screwed half of the workers lol.

As far as crowds, The choke point is after the fireworks near mixx disco, when alot of people go back towards walking street and there are still people coming from walking street towards the pier.

I got stuck in a huge crush there 2 years ago and actually started panicking. It got so bad I pushed out sideways and waited about 30 minutes for it to calm down

33 minutes ago, dreaming said:

As far as crowds, The choke point is after the fireworks near mixx disco, when alot of people go back towards walking street and there are still people coming from walking street towards the pier.

I got stuck in a huge crush there 2 years ago and actually started panicking. It got so bad I pushed out sideways and waited about 30 minutes for it to calm down

What time is that, just after countdown, around 00:30-01:00?

Not much to add, except that most of the posts match what a friend from Jomtien described to me. Some three years ago he went there to do a favor to his then girlfriend (now wife).

He will NEVER do that again.

If there would be an unexpected event, a stampede might break loose and you are trampled to death (see the post of member @dreaming above).

48 minutes ago, dreaming said:

I got stuck in a huge crush there 2 years ago and actually started panicking

Exactly matches what a video blogger described from last year.

No more walking in walking street, just being pushed around.

Watch the firework from a reasonable distance!

49 minutes ago, dreaming said:

Guess I haven't missed a thing the past 5-6 years.

Well, I already made the promise, so going we will, but I will watch the time we go back, maybe we can better take the route to the flyover instead of walking street, can't imagine they close that road for pedestrians as well.

3 hours ago, johng said:

It will be packed especially around the stage area..there are normally some beer tents with tables and seats for a price !!!!!

I'm just going to watch it on Mono29 channel  in the comfort of my air-conditioned room with a nice cold beer.

Thanks, I'd prefer that indeed, do you think I have to make a reservation upfront for that?

3 hours ago, johng said:

cowdow1.thumb.jpg.a15e1c5cb630070a2f01bfac05a9ff43.jpg

And the music will be so effin' loud, with a million decibels of bass, and you will not understand a word of what is being said, STAY AT HOME.

18 minutes ago, dennis123 said:

better take the route to the flyover instead of walking street

Yes that would be advisable...that bottle neck just before entering Bali Hai coming from/to Walking street is not a good place to be with all those people.

You could also try going up the hill to where the PATTAYA sign is located or a bit further to

the Radio Station view point if you have a bike (don't try in car or truck no parking for sure)

take your own "refreshments"      sometimes depending where they let loose the fireworks

they may close access to the hill...or not  as I found out once  it was quite "an experience" being so close to where they are exploding and being rained down on by "spent bits" ????

Would only need a small explosion in that area followed by a stampede and the next day's news would be grim

6 minutes ago, madmen said:
On 12/28/2018 at 1:31 PM, dreaming said:

Would only need a small explosion in that area followed by a stampede and the next day's news would be grim

That’s the spirit......look on the bright side.

11 minutes ago, madmen said:

Since your posting at 11 pm means your not out there battling the crowds but safe and sound in your room

I bet you can't even see the irony emoji23.png

Reading posts like yours I was too scared to go anywhere......

Archived