Proof of Life UK Pensioner

Tanlic

I moved condo went back a couple of times no mail I was told. However the UK pensions had written to me 4 months ago asking to fill in a Proof Of Life.

They caught up with me at my new address a couple of days ago to inform me they had stopped my pension,

I called them they were very understanding and gave me another 16 weeks to get the Proof of Life for back to them.

They also released my pension to be paid in 8 days or so...........not a problem.

I went to my bank they said they are not allowed to do it without going through their legal department and it could take weeks...then fobbed me off suggesting I try a doctor

I thought I would ask a Pharmacist to sign the Proof of Life and Yikes total panic. One guy I have known for 15 years near Soi Cowboy wouldn't even sign it.

I tried at least 8 and they were all the same ...I was beginning to wonder are they real Pharmacists or just open up and claim to be??? ......have been to a dentist I have used she went into a panic mode so I tried another 3 the same..

Went to a clinic in Soi xx Doctor said 700 Baht BUT handed me his form. When I explained he had to sign the UK Gov /Pension form I had he also went into a panic mode saying he had no authority.

Can any other pensioner who haa actually had one signed recently point me in the right direction other than going through an expensive lawyer

Thanks in advance

Two years ago I used my wifes dentist, recently I got the man who owns our housing estate to sign it. As long as there's a stamp on the document, I'm guessing most people in the UK can't read Thai and won't have a clue what the stamp means.

Basically, anyone who can countersign a passport application can sign these life certificates.

I sign them as a current company director or as a retired bank manager.

Don't try getting a Thai to do it  - you have seen the results.

DWP are easy going and will pretty much accept anything. 

I oversaw someones paperwork today and will email DWP to tell them it's coming & pass on the trace details. I didn't need to sign anything as a Dr at the local hospital had done so. DWP could make PoL a whole lot easier by embracing 21st C technology (Skype, Whattsapp+Passport bio) instead of relying on technology developed in the 19th & wondering why so many are returned LATE!

Image result for royal mail sailing ship

1 hour ago, steve73 said:

I was told that anyone with a UK passport can countersign... at least for a Passport application.  They understand the difficulty in finding suitably "qualified" professionals here in T/L. 

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

Basically, anyone who can countersign a passport application can sign these life certificates.

I sign them as a current company director or as a retired bank manager.

Don't try getting a Thai to do it  - you have seen the results.

DWP are easy going and will pretty much accept anything. 

Thanks Jip you may just have solved the problem....One of my best Thai friends is married to a Norwegian guy who is a Banker

They are in Oslo at the moment but has sold up and he moves to their offices here full time in January.

They also have a Thai building company here and he would certainly sign it without hesitation.

Alternatively I could say I signed it with Ted's approval

Archived