90 day reporting

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could try to do it online. Then if not approved do it in person.

All you should need to do it in person is a completed TM47 form and your passport. Download and complete this TM47 Form Fillable.pdf .

Thanks, I will try to do it online, but just out of curiosity why would I "try" to do it - are their website just not working properly?

BTW, how many days in advance will I be able to do the reporting?

• Haha 1

Last time I did a 90 day report at Jomtien after re-entering the country there were 2 forms to fil. They were almost identical. It still only took 10 minutes so my advice to the OP would be to do it in person. 

My subsequent report with the piece of paper inside my passport from her previous report took 3 minutes. 

Edited by Geordie59

13 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Thanks, I will try to do it online, but just out of curiosity why would I "try" to do it - are their website just not working properly?

BTW, how many days in advance will I be able to do the reporting?

The try is to see if it is approved or not.

They might not approve it because you would not have a record of doing one there before and they did not take the time to check the system to see if you had done your extension there.

You could try to do it online. Then if not approved do it in person.

All you should need to do it in person is a completed TM47 form and your passport. Download and complete this TM47 Form Fillable.pdf .

UJ. I would not normally question your knowledge. But surely he needs to download a TM47 (90 day report) form and not a TM7 (Retirement extension) form.

5 minutes ago, jimn said:

UJ. I would not normally question your knowledge. But surely he needs to download a TM47 (90 day report) form and not a TM7 (Retirement extension) form.

Thanks

A copy and pasting error I did not notice that has now been fixed.

The try is to see if it is approved or not.

They might not approve it because you would not have a record of doing one there before and they did not take the time to check the system to see if you had done your extension there.

I tried and it didn't work so I'll head down to the Immigration office on the 3rd of January as my 90 days run out on the 7th of Jan.

Please confirm that I haven't made a mistake in reporting just 4 days before the time runs out?

3 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Please confirm that I haven't made a mistake in reporting just 4 days before the time runs out?

You can do the 90 day report up to 15 day before or 7 days after the report date including that day in the count. So no problem doing it 4 days early.

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do the 90 day report up to 15 day before or 7 days after the report date including that day in the count. So no problem doing it 4 days early.

Thanks. Final question; do I need to give them the usual copies of the passport and TM card or just the TM47 form?

3 hours ago, Inderpland said:

I tried and it didn't work so I'll head down to the Immigration office on the 3rd of January as my 90 days run out on the 7th of Jan.

Did you complete the nationality- and address-related fields by typing in the relevant details yourself or making appropriate selections in the drop-down menus provided? If the former that is possibly the reason why you (presumably) got the auto-message referring you to your local immigration office. Unfortunately the iconic links to drop-down menus are tiny and, hence, easy to miss.

24 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Did you complete the nationality- and address-related fields by typing in the relevant details yourself or making appropriate selections in the drop-down menus provided? If the former that is possibly the reason why you (presumably) got the auto-message referring you to your local immigration office. Unfortunately the iconic links to drop-down menus are tiny and, hence, easy to miss.

I used the drop down menu in the two places where I could see one (nationality and arrival date in Thailand).

13 hours ago, Inderpland said:

I used the drop down menu in the two places where I could see one (nationality and arrival date in Thailand).

There are also ones for your address. As I recall you are prompted to select your province first, then your amphur, then your tumbon. Annoyingly, though, these are not listed in the drop-down menus in alphabetical order ABC-wise.

23 minutes ago, OJAS said:

There are also ones for your address. As I recall you are prompted to select your province first, then your amphur, then your tumbon. Annoyingly, though, these are not listed in the drop-down menus in alphabetical order ABC-wise.

Those are on page 2 of the application. I don't think he able to get past the first page since he is likely getting the contact your local office message.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Those are on page 2 of the application. I don't think he able to get past the first page since he is likely getting the contact your local office message.

Thanks, I was forgetting about that! Suspect that his difficulties in using the online system have arisen from him being a first-timer.

Just did my very first 90 day reporting in the Jomtien office and the Immigration officer said that the online reporting could only be done between 8-15 days before the actual date. Any later than that and I would have to meet in person.

I can add that the reporting went very smoothly - in and out in 10 min with 8 of those standing in line to get the queue number. All I handed over was my passport and the TM47 form.

Edited by Inderpland
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...