Anyone recently entered through Baan Pak Kad or Cham Yeam?

If you will be doing a visa exempt entry through any land crossing other than Poipet/Aran, you will be fine. The only proviso is that this can be done only twice in any calendar year.

Note that I am strongly of the opinion that those spending significant time in Thailand as tourists should husband visa exempt entries by land, using them for emergencies, such as when anticipated visas fail to materialise.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Probably Ban Pakkard :A lot quieter than Laem. 

To get there within Cambodia - there are many shared-taxis out of Battambang to Ban Laem - but are there also options to Pan Pakkard - maybe change vehicles in Palin?

And after entering Thailand, is there good/frequent onward transportation available?

Most reports I have read were those with cars or on visa-run vans doing a border-bounce, so not sure how it works for others.

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

To get there within Cambodia - there are many shared-taxis out of Battambang to Ban Laem - but are there also options to Pan Pakkard - maybe change vehicles in Palin?

And after entering Thailand, is there good/frequent onward transportation available?

Most reports I have read were those with cars or on visa-run vans doing a border-bounce, so not sure how it works for others.

Shouldn't be a problem to Pailin, from where (18km to the border) you might have to catch a moto. 

On the Thai side of the border, right after immigration, I noticed a song thaeo stand with huge sign with rates to different eastern destinations (Chantaburi, Rayong Pattaya). I always ride my bicycle, but remember thinking how expensive those fares were. 

You can always hitchhike :I often do that from the border when I am too tired to bike, stick out my thumb and usually within 10 minutes got a free ride to Ban Nam Ron, Chantaburi, and one time all the way to Bangkok. 

• Like 2