Complicated - Extending tourist visa by 30 days at immigration - twice?

Hi

Iv tried searching this for ages.. 

Arrived on tourist 30 day UK citizen, didn't do anything much for 20 days, got a job swiftly after being a bum, had to extend my tourist at changwatanna (sp?) for 1900baht 30 days whilst my non b was getting all sorted blah blah, hated the job so I quit. Found a new job and had to do a visa run to myanmar on December 26th, I'm hoping my WP and visa will be sorted before 30 days is up (25th Jan I think) But if it's not can I just go to immigration and get 30 days extra on my tourist as iv already left the country and its a brand new entry stamp from myanmar, they were fine issuing extra 30 days from my UK arrival, just said I wanted to travel more. 

Second question, 4 people were rejected back into Thailand as they had done the runs more than 2ce in a year. 

I did my first on 26th December 2018, now we're 2019, if worst case scenario happened am I entitled to 2 crossings as it's a new year or is it 12 months in your passport from first exit? I think it's calender years? 

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Seano88
Spelling

Cheers guys, 

Yeah it's fine about work, I worked for about 2 months without a WP about 2 years ago cos British embassy is a pain in the scrotum, finally it all went through, I just wasn't allowed to go visit customers face to face until it was all official. 

I know it's illegal but stuff here takes so long. 

UK you just apply for temp national insurance, show your papers as student or post grad and on you go. 

3 hours ago, Seano88 said:

I did my first on 26th December 2018, now we're 2019, if worst case scenario happened am I entitled to 2 crossings as it's a new year or is it 12 months in your passport from first exit? I think it's calender years? 

Not entitled to, but it is 2 per calendar year so it reset on January 1st. So you do have the possibility of 2 between now and December 31st.

16 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Not entitled to, but it is 2 per calendar year so it reset on January 1st. So you do have the possibility of 2 between now and December 31st.

Entitled is the wrong word? 

Allowed?

Making me worried lol

16 minutes ago, Seano88 said:

Entitled is the wrong word? 

Allowed?

Making me worried lol

Not trying to worry you and I don't see a problem in your case, but entitled is the wrong word. There is a limit of 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year, but the decision to let you in is entirely down to the IO.

For example; if someone had two back to back visa exempts in December and went for a third and/or 4th in January there would be a high chance of being denied entry or at the very least questioned/warned. It's about the time spent in the country as a tourist, and the interval between visits, that are main considerations for the IO's when deciding whether or not to let someone in.

In the current climate it is best - whenever possible - to avoid back to back visa exempt entries.

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:

For example; if someone had two back to back visa exempts in December and went for a third and/or 4th in January there would be a high chance of being denied entry or at the very least questioned/warned.

The chance to be denied would be nearly zero (except at Poipet), because we are talking about land borders here and not airports, so you don't have to scare him ????

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The chance to be denied would be nearly zero (except at Poipet), because we are talking about land borders here and not airports, so you don't have to scare him ????

Not in the specific example I gave they aren't. Anyone would be pushing their luck doing 4 back to back VE entries across December/January and could be denied a 3rd or 4th consecutive VE entry.

And anyone can be denied a 2nd anytime should the IO have cause to deny entry, because it's a limit and not an entitlement.

Edited by elviajero

1 hour ago, Seano88 said:

Well I wasn't worried before... 

Anyhow that's worst case. 

Exempts do have special rules, outlined in a document here:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=435513

That is why I would suggest anyone spending considerable time here stick to using Tourist Visas - saving Visa Exempts for emergencies.

The Good News:  So far, no reports of this being a problem for years at any land-border except Poipet, since the 2x land-border visa-exempt limit was instituted.  Hopefully, that does not change.

There is one other locality-specific rule reported for Visa Exempt entries:  If doing an "out/in" Visa-Exempt using a Malaysian crossing, you may also need to spend at least one night out before returning.  This may be their way of handling item 1.2.2, in the document I linked, above.