True Visions

khunkeith

True Visions did it again.  Outside of documentary channels like Nat Geo, HIstory, etc, the only channels I watch are TCM and AMC as I like older movies.  True took both of those channels away yesterday.  I am not technically savvy bt am looking for an alternative where I can still watch my preferred channels.  I live away from any large metropolitan area and do not have a stable internet connection. 

are there any viable alternatives to True Visions?

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Got to have internet. I ditched True ages ago they are appalling. Netflix is a dream come true and Pulse for News etc. is ok.

I have netflix but they are geared to a much young audience.  Not a single John Wayne movie at all.    But the internet problem seems unsolvable.  it is just not stable here.  I guess it's research time.  THai visa is a great tool for people helping each other.

A mate of mine out in the sticks up Maha Sarakam way got a wifi router from AIS which has a SIM card in it and pulls data from mobile towers, and he gets a decent 8mb/sec from that which is more than enough to run Netflix and a Kodi box for international channels. Cost is about 500 baht/month from memory. Might be worth checking that out. But you say you already have Netflix so you must have reasonable internet already - that's a bit confusing, Keith. Truevisions lost all value to the common man a long time ago. Move on to IPTV and you'll never go back - go talk with AIS.

A mate of mine out in the sticks up Maha Sarakam way got a wifi router from AIS which has a SIM card in it and pulls data from mobile towers, and he gets a decent 8mb/sec from that which is more than enough to run Netflix and a Kodi box for international channels. Cost is about 500 baht/month from memory. Might be worth checking that out. But you say you already have Netflix so you must have reasonable internet already - that's a bit confusing, Keith. Truevisions lost all value to the common man a long time ago. Move on to IPTV and you'll never go back - go talk with AIS.
That's correct , if you can watch Netflix than its just a matter of investing in an Android Box to stream International content via Kodi or other sites by way of APK downloads.I have never tried Kodi but the others sites I've downloaded via APK is hit and miss sometimes , that's the price you pay for free apps, luckily YouTube, Netflix and Oz Foxtel are completely reliable.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

Netflix works but does stutter and I get tiling on occasion.  Most of the movies they show do not appeal to me (I am not a major demographic anymore).  That's why I prefer the old movies shown on TCM.  Movies that rely on acting, storyline and direction and not animation, special effect and CGI to draw in an audience. 

Archived