PM Prayut says he is studying policies of parties before he deciding which one to join

webfact

PM says he is studying policies of parties before he deciding which one to join

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4AGCyO1DGPOorc2yRFMVyEs0

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said today he is studying policy platforms of political parties before deciding which one he would join in the near future.

He explained that he wanted to see whether the policies presented by each party – not just the pro-government Palang Prachachart – were practical and could be implemented or not, citing as an example education policy of one of the parties which he claimed would not be possible.

He reminded political parties to be careful about what they are promising to the people in their electioneering, saying that they must keep their words if they win enough House seats to be in the next government.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-says-he-is-studying-policies-of-parties-before-he-deciding-which-one-to-join/

thaipbs.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-01-03

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He explained that he wanted to see whether the policies presented by each party – not just the pro-government Palang Prachachart – were practical and could be implemented or not, citing as an example education policy of one of the parties which he claimed would not be possible.

Yeah, right

10 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Nothing to do with policies I suspect,all about which

party has the greatest chance to win.

regards Worgeordie

But somehow I don't think Pheu Thai will want him lol

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He reminded political parties to be careful about what they are promising to the people in their electioneering, saying that they must keep their words

Ah the irony. 

Wouldn't it be funny if he joined a party and they said, "Thanks for joining. Meet our party's PM candidate, SomeOtherPerson. He'd be fuming. Because as far as I can tell, there's no law stating that of Big P joins your party you must nominate him.

There is no particular hurry, if one takes into account another significant piece of news, we can assume, no matter what happens at the polls (if they are held in February), that there will be no "new government" formed until at least the end of May. And then...

Plenty of time to come to an arrangement.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

PM says he is studying policies of parties before he deciding which one to join

Pinocchio's first appearance for the New Year. Appearing serious while pretending he doesn't know which Party he will join.

The Phalang Pracharat Party has been designed especially for the PM. With the 200 table fundraising pigfest put on by his fellow Ministers and which now has 600 million baht election funds donated by the elite. There is no choice for him.

I don't know why they just don't come straight out and call it what it really is...the "Filthy Rich 1% Party".

38 minutes ago, JAG said:

There is no particular hurry, if one takes into account another significant piece of news, we can assume, no matter what happens at the polls (if they are held in February), that there will be no "new government" formed until at least the end of May. And then...

Plenty of time to come to an arrangement.

Good observation JAG but I have another view. That major event in early May may hasten the elected government with an elected PM presiding the event. That will be politically correct for someone to be seen by the world.   

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He reminded political parties to be careful about what they are promising to the people in their electioneering, saying that they must keep their words

says the paragon of truth, the eradicator of corruption, the courier of happiness, the frog-talker and poet-bully

I recommend he wait until December to decide. Long after the elections are finished! He is not wanted. He is not needed. He is not liked, he is not popular, and he is not effective. The last thing in the world Thailand needs right now, is more of this guy. Get out. Get out now.

It's sometimes a good idea to step back and consider what the position would be in a normal country.

For what it's worth my opinion is that in a normal country he would not be considering what political party to join. He would be considering what he needed to do to avoid arrest, trial and a spell in jail.

Archived