PM Prayut says he is studying policies of parties before he deciding which one to join

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

he is studying policy platforms of political parties before deciding which one he would join in the near future.

Pretty hilarious as though he is being courted by many political parties. He is poison ivy to all but ACT and PPRP. Forget ACT as they are struggling for survival and abandoned by Prayut. Only PPRP left and he has slightly more than a week to made up his mind.   

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said today he is studying policy platforms of political parties before deciding which one he would join in the near future.

Some would say: he's looking for the host with the most...

Btw is this sponsored Link on the same page a misunderstanding, satire, sarcasm, or just another new big joke?:cheesy::w00t::clap2:

Another%20big%20joke_zpsmb5aomtc.png

3 hours ago, SABloke said:

Wouldn't it be funny if he joined a party and they said, "Thanks for joining. Meet our party's PM candidate, SomeOtherPerson. He'd be fuming. Because as far as I can tell, there's no law stating that of Big P joins your party you must nominate him.

Oh I think in those circumstances a new law would appear fairly quickly.

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Good observation JAG but I have another view. That major event in early May may hasten the elected government with an elected PM presiding the event. That will be politically correct for someone to be seen by the world.   

Well maybe - although I suspect the opportunity for grandstanding and running the show will by far outweigh any concerns about how the outside world may view the matter. For one particular reason.

Don't forget that a particular aim is to succeed to very well connected and influential post, (which rather seems to be by convention held by a retired senior military officer with experience of government), said post is likely to come vacant fairly soon. The ducks are pretty much all in a row, early May will see them cemented to the top of the wall.

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

It's sometimes a good idea to step back and consider what the position would be in a normal country.

For what it's worth my opinion is that in a normal country he would not be considering what political party to join. He would be considering what he needed to do to avoid arrest, trial and a spell in jail.

You forget this bloke is fully cloaked with his all encompassing amnesty, so he can't be held accountable for anything he does past present and future, so in his blinkered eyes he is safe (or so he thinks)

Thailand's child of a PM will play that great kiddies' game of sitting on the fence, before

7 hours ago, webfact said:

. . . . deciding which one he would join in the near future.

Meanwhile, those elitist parties that think they might benefit from heaving the PM on board - his status, if nothing else - play that other great kiddies' party game, come and sit on my knee . . . my knee's softest . . . . jeez, how pathetic this campaign is becoming and, double-jeez . . . it's only just getting going.

3 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

You forget this bloke is fully cloaked with his all encompassing amnesty, so he can't be held accountable for anything he does past present and future, so in his blinkered eyes he is safe (or so he thinks)

I didn't forget anything since I stipulated a normal country.

9 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Pretty hilarious as though he is being courted by many political parties. He is poison ivy to all but ACT and PPRP. Forget ACT as they are struggling for survival and abandoned by Prayut. Only PPRP left and he has slightly more than a week to made up his mind.   

Personally, I certainly enjoy watching the show and associated spin-offs.......

Especially from the circles that are consumed by it and take it far more seriously than it deserves. 

????

24 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Personally, I certainly enjoy watching the show and associated spin-offs.......

Especially from the circles that are consumed by it and take it far more seriously than it deserves. 

????

A sadly despairing view, zz, but I understand your thinking.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

He reminded political parties to be careful about what they are promising to the people in their electioneering, saying that they must keep their words if they win enough House seats to be in the next government.

Do as I say, not as I do. Promised elections in 2015, now even the ones scheduled for February 24-2019 are under pressure. 

He is in no position to tell anyone to keep their promises. He hasn't kept any promise himself. 

On 1/2/2019 at 5:44 PM, webfact said:

He reminded political parties to be careful about what they are promising to the people in their electioneering, saying that they must keep their words if they win enough House seats to be in the next government.

Really? Let's talk about corruption (like watches and the legal system). Which party does he want to kill? And which party will accept him knowing it will be the end for them?

On 1/3/2019 at 8:33 AM, JAG said:

There is no particular hurry, if one takes into account another significant piece of news, we can assume, no matter what happens at the polls (if they are held in February), that there will be no "new government" formed until at least the end of May. And then...

Plenty of time to come to an arrangement.

Will be voting day if he takes much longer to make his mind up which he probably has already ,but he likes to keep playing the game with the people from Thailand 

Am I the only one who gets fed up with Pinocchio and his interminable lies? I understand that for a Thai, lying is the option of first resort and that it comes as naturally as drawing breath, but this guy elevates mendacity to an art form.

I can't be the only one, surely...

Archived