Netizens praise "Macaroni Man" for clearing up litter after Thais make New Year mess

webfact

Netizens praise "Macaroni Man" for clearing up litter after Thais make New Year mess

7pm_mgr.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Manager reported that Thai social media was full of praise for an Italian man filmed tidying up at a scenic spot after it was left filthy by Thai tourists.

They even managed to find the man responsible who had a message for everyone in looking after the environment.

The man was shown on the Facebook page of "S setaphon Se" a local resident of Sangkhlaburi in Kanchanaburi province. The area he was tidying up is by a jetty used by tourists to access floating raft accommodation. 

Manager went to the area and found it really clean. The sleuths soon found Antony Stefano who said he was in Thailand for three weeks helping out with stray dogs kept at the Ban Un Rak foundation.

He said he took the dogs out for walks each day and on New Year's Day decided to pick up litter. 

One local man was not friendly at all and asked him what he thought he was doing. Even though he was speaking Thai he realized he was not happy with his actions in cleaning up. 

Manager asked him what message he had for the Thais.

He said it was not his place to say but did remark that everyone should respect places that they visit and respect nature. It is not difficult for everyone to take their trash with them - every little helps, he said. 

Manager said that 5 - 6,000 visitors were in the area around Wang Ka sub-district at New Year. Many were staying in tents as accommodation on rafts was limited. 

The area was now clean.

They called the tourist "Macaroni Man" in their headline. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-03

46 minutes ago, webfact said:

One local man was not friendly at all and asked him what he thought he was doing. Even though he was speaking Thai he realized he was not happy with his actions in cleaning up. 

No doubt a typical local we have encountered with a smug attitude, thinking 

"What, Falang?! Thailand not clean enough for you 'mai'? Thai people not good enough for you 'mai'? Trash not bother Thai people. Why it bother you?" 

Funny place. 

7 minutes ago, robsamui said:

African

that would be "Chocolate man"

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he took the dogs out for walks each day and on New Year's Day decided to pick up litter. 

One local man was not friendly at all and asked him what he thought he was doing.

Maybe  "Macaroni Man"  forgot to pick up the dog poo ????

"One local man was not friendly at all and asked him what he thought he was doing. Even though he was speaking Thai he realized he was not happy with his actions in cleaning up. "

I have twice had the same when cleaning our local beach by myself.

One was just abusive and saying to go home - I simply ignored him

The other  fellow was trying to imply I was taking all the recyclables and denying the poor their living.

Hard to fathom..

1 hour ago, Aforek said:

Cleaning, ok, but helping and taking out  stray dogs, not ok !

You didn't read carefully I think. The dogs are stray (no more) dogs kept at a foundation. Which is a good thing. So Signor Antonio gets an ok on both counts from me.

Idiot really. Surprising the Thais haven't beaten him up over this. He could also get charged for taking Thai jobs. The fool should just accept that he's an alien and Thailand ain't his home and never will be, and just mind his own business.

12 minutes ago, TSF said:

Idiot really. Surprising the Thais haven't beaten him up over this. He could also get charged for taking Thai jobs. The fool should just accept that he's an alien and Thailand ain't his home and never will be, and just mind his own business.

Yet another touching piece of sadness.

Who,on earth,would come to Thailand after reading yet another piece of Thai apologist cretinism like this?

1 hour ago, TSF said:

I don't think he believes Thailand is his home as he's only here 3 weeks, do you have 

any credible evidence of people being beaten up over this?

I clean up the beach a few hours every week , good exercise.  It won't help much and it will be dirty again the next day, but I think some of the locals are ashamed of all the littering from the locals and that's good enough for me. Show them a good example is all you can do. 

4 hours ago, Aforek said:

Cleaning, ok, but helping and taking out  stray dogs, not ok !

No need to  share your  nasty cruel disposition with everyone.  The gentleman is doing what the locals should be doing: Helping to spay and neuter to control the feral dog population, and caring for animals which are confined. If you really wanted to stop the overpopulation you would support the spay and neuter programs and support the education outreach that teaches Thais and farangs alike that animals are not toys to breed and abandon.

It's people like him that make the world a better place while it is people like you who do not.  Learn from his example and change your ways, before it is too late. 

My wife having grown up in the US, is a bit of a coconut; white on the inside, brown on the outside

She, almost like an ex smoker, rails against the level of crap dumped in Thailand.

Everytime we drive by a sign on the freeway in the US saying '$1000 fine for littering' is enough to trigger a tirade about litter, junk, crap dumped everywhere in Thailand.

Kudos to the guy trying to help, but until Thai's collectively decide that dumping crap everywhere is not OK, uphill battle I'm sorry to say

43 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

No need to  share your  nasty cruel disposition with everyone.  The gentleman is doing what the locals should be doing: Helping to spay and neuter to control the feral dog population, and caring for animals which are confined. If you really wanted to stop the overpopulation you would support the spay and neuter programs and support the education outreach that teaches Thais and farangs alike that animals are not toys to breed and abandon.

It's people like him that make the world a better place while it is people like you who do not.  Learn from his example and change your ways, before it is too late. 

Nah

Lets go for option 2, get rid of the soi dogs,

way to many and way to many do gooders. 

wood chipper joke.jpg

7 hours ago, TSF said:

Wise words from a Pattaya resident, not. 

2 hours ago, seahorse said:

They called him macaroni man just because he's Italian? That sounds a bit cheesy to me but I'm pasta caring what the locals think. 

Thais don't know macaroni is Italian and think pizza is a Yank dish.

14 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

My wife having grown up in the US, is a bit of a coconut; white on the inside, brown on the outside

She, almost like an ex smoker, rails against the level of crap dumped in Thailand.

Everytime we drive by a sign on the freeway in the US saying '$1000 fine for littering' is enough to trigger a tirade about litter, junk, crap dumped everywhere in Thailand.

Kudos to the guy trying to help, but until Thai's collectively decide that dumping crap everywhere is not OK, uphill battle I'm sorry to say

I would be happy if they would just learn to put the shopping carts away and not leave them all over Tesco parking lot. 

19 hours ago, TSF said:

The Thais don't clean up, so he wasn't "taking" jobs away from them, I say, your attitude sucks, thailand deserves you.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:03 PM, zaZa9 said:

"One local man was not friendly at all and asked him what he thought he was doing. Even though he was speaking Thai he realized he was not happy with his actions in cleaning up. "

I have twice had the same when cleaning our local beach by myself.

One was just abusive and saying to go home - I simply ignored him

The other  fellow was trying to imply I was taking all the recyclables and denying the poor their living.

Hard to fathom..

Ignorance is bliss...

Archived