Visa extension result delayed issue

3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

So, effectively doing an "unofficial change" of the rules from 2-mo seasoning to 3-mo - or even 4-months, in the case of the OP. 

That should drive up agent-submitted faked-money applications (as designed, if history is a guide), since many using the "money in the bank" method may need to spend some of those funds "to live" during the interim.

Give it a break please Jack, after thousands of posts and your hateful attitude towards agents somehow woven into every response we get it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe it's to catch the ones that work a flanker and don't have the dosh but through the collusion of senior IO, bank staff and the dodgy agent, they manage the one-off 'show me the money' moment. Now they may have to do it twice in 30 days? Risky no?

46 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Maybe it's to catch the ones that work a flanker and don't have the dosh but through the collusion of senior IO, bank staff and the dodgy agent, they manage the one-off 'show me the money' moment. Now they may have to do it twice in 30 days? Risky no?

When an agent does the extension the IO waves the seasoning requirement, so for a fee they would also wave this new requirement. There is a good chance that they made this change so they can get money from the agent twice.

If this is the case than the cost to do an extension using an agent without having the 400k baht should have gone up. Then it's probably also only a matter of time until they introduce the same for retirement extensions.

Does anybody here know if the price for this service from an agent went up recently?

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, cleverman said:

money lenders rates are 10 percent a week ,compounded. That was what a Thai told me.  

The common rate is 5-10% per month, without collateral, for Thais.

I doubt somebody would lend money to a foreigner for 30 days without collateral, too easy for the foreigner to take the money and leave Thailand for good.

Imho the only sensible approach would be that the IO waves the requirement that the money had to be in the bank for 30 these days (or waves the requirement to see the money after 30 days again completely)

Edited by jackdd
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

My understanding is that the money does not stay in the bank longer than it takes the bank manager to write the letter.

In my opinion, if io saw the money go in,then out same day, then go in again 30 days later, they may think something just ain't right. Now, that is just my opinion,I don't claim it is fact so, no abuse please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

When an agent does the extension the IO waves the seasoning requirement, so for a fee they would also wave this new requirement. There is a good chance that they made this change so they can get money from the agent twice.

If this is the case than the cost to do an extension using an agent without having the 400k baht should have gone up. Then it's probably also only a matter of time until they introduce the same for retirement extensions.

Does anybody here know if the price for this service from an agent went up recently?

Unless they are required to file the 2nd bank-letter, this is likely "overlooked" when an agent is involved, same as checking seasoning in the first place, the home-visit, pictures in different places every year, witness(es) (must be in the "bedroom picture" in Jomtien now), Landlord's Chanote plus "fresh copy" of house-book of your residence - and all the other undocumented requirements added to discourage honest in-person applications.

Some reports indicate that, on new agent-applications, the Non-O Stamp and 1-Year extension are processed all-at-once - so even the normal "wait until last 30/45 days to apply for the 1-year" part is skipped.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, keithet said:

So now the money has to be seasoned for 3 months untouched and aditional month for 30 day under consideration period equaling 4 months without being able to use your own money?

According to the OP's account, the additional 4th month seems to only be the case when ...

13 hours ago, Silurian said:

They told me that there is no problem with my extension, it is just they were not finished on their end.

.. after the initial, standard, 30-day delay/review period.  We will have to wait for more reports, to see if the 4th month trick becomes commonplace.  But even asking for bank-proof again, after the 30-days, is new policy.

The saddest part - this is Chang Watanna - known as the one office where the actual published laws/rules were followed every time to the letter. 

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, keithet said:

So now the money has to be seasoned for 3 months untouched and aditional month for 30 day under consideration period equaling 4 months without being able to use your own money?

I reread the op's post again  it sounds like he went in to get his resolts of 30 under review and was asked for bank balance then was told to come back in February with bank balance again so that's 5 months keeping the money untouched! 

53 minutes ago, Silurian said:

I went in to get the results of the 30 days under review. When I got the Queue ticket, the officer at the queue counter stated the I needed to show an updated bank book along with my passport. She didn't mention that I needed to get a copy made but I figured I better do that just in case they wanted it (which they did). I handed my passport, bank book and signed copies of the bank book to the officer at the L8 counter. She then took the documents and asked me to wait.

An hour later, the same officer told me that the yearly extension was not ready due to not being ready on immigration's end and not due to any problem or anything on my end. She then told me to come back a month later with the same set of documents (passport, updated bank book, copies of bank book).

So yes, that is 5 months of keeping the money untouched but I always have above 400K in that savings account. I make sure every month it never goes under 400K so I am not worried about that.

My main issue is that I need to go back yet once again to CW due to poor workmanship on Thai Immigration end. Maybe it is due to having the visa extension done over the New Year's holidays. I was also curious if this strange second results extension has happened to anyone else. It was the first time for me in 10+ years.

I thought it was supposed to be 3 months seasoned in the bank before you submit your tm7 and paperwork for marage exstension. Then after you get your 30 day under consideration stamp you can start using the 400,000 for living expenses. 

Are you normally suppose to keep all the money untouched till you are approved after the 30 day consideration? Which would equal 4 months but In your case 5 months total. That seems crazy long. 

I ask because soon I will have to do the 400,000 also. 

Edited by keithet

12 minutes ago, Justin Side said:

It is 2 months.

2 months for 1st exstension, 3 months after that. And according to the op they wanted to see bank book 30 days after his 3 month seasoning  equaling 4 months and now 1 more month equaling 5 for him. 

Edited by keithet

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is 2 months for every extension based upon marriage.

The 60 days and 3 months is for extensions based upon retirement.

I did not know that. Thank you. 

What are your thoughts about the op having to show updated bank book after his 30 day under consideration and now again in February?

Is that normal to not touch the 400,000 until after the 30 under consideration period is over?

52 minutes ago, keithet said:

What are your thoughts about the op having to show updated bank book after his 30 day under consideration and now again in February?

Is that normal to not touch the 400,000 until after the 30 under consideration period is over?

Not really normal and it seems to be something new at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

There have been reports of immigration checking the account balance to see if all the money has been taken out as part of approval process. They have also stated that it is ok to remove some money from the account to live on during the approval period.

3 minutes ago, cleverman said:

They are trying to close loopholes, and out come the Thai bashers. Why do you lot stay here ?

"cut loopholes" are you serious? They  (IO) make money from this and that's the only reason they (the agents) are still  allowed. Personally I wouldn't recommend setting up a permanent relationship including house/s and car/s using agents. They won't last long.

At this time at CW and it appears at the moment to only effect those applying for a marriage extension at CW, DO NOT let your account drop below 400,000 baht during the 30 day under consideration period or you will need to start the process again and the extension will be denied. You MUST wait until you go back and get the extension actually put in your passport after you have proved the funds are still in your account and haven't dropped below the 400,000 baht before you can spend any of it.

1 minute ago, keithet said:

The op did that but immigration wasn't ready so gave another under consideration stamp for 30 more days till February. So he has to come back again and show bank book. 

As ubonjoe mentioned:

As my understanding the money is to show you have to live on. If you have to keep till imagration is done with their considering well that's not living. 

In fairness, CW Immigration have been warning and advising people for at least 2 weeks. DO NOT let your account slip below 400,000 baht UNTIL you actually have the extension stamped in to your passport as you will need an updated passbook the DAY you come to get the extension inked in.
And in the case of the OP needing to wait an extra month, I guess that's unfortunate but he still needs to leave the funds in his account at a minimum balance of 400,000 baht for the next 30 days.

• Like 1