Britons would now vote to stay in EU, want second referendum: poll

webfact

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/12/2019 at 1:11 PM, Spidey said:

Firstly, I suggest that you read the title of this thread. Most Brits already want another referendum. It's May and her government that are trying to deny us this.

Most Brits already want another referendum.

Since when did poll results get to be spoken as proven facts?

3 hours ago, rixalex said:

If you are going to bring Thai politics into it, i don't think where your sympathies have at times lied over the last ten years or so, has necessarily proven you a good judge of character yourself.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. 

"A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable, who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side. And that there are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles."

The Spectator  1711

24 minutes ago, jayboy said:

"A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable, who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side. And that there are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles."

The Spectator  1711

Hear hear! For me the reasons for leaving outweigh the risks of leaving. I do understand the Remain argument, but on balance I don't agree with it. 

We need more tolerance and understanding on both sides if we want to end this turmoil. If only Parliament would set that example. 

30 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Hear hear! For me the reasons for leaving outweigh the risks of leaving. I do understand the Remain argument, but on balance I don't agree with it. 

We need more tolerance and understanding on both sides if we want to end this turmoil. If only Parliament would set that example. 

Well said. In an ideal world, I would like to leave the EU too. I've never been a fan. However, I believe that the risks of leaving outweigh the risks of remaining. For me , it boils down to it being economic suicide to leave in the present climate.

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Well said. In an ideal world, I would like to leave the EU too. I've never been a fan. However, I believe that the risks of leaving outweigh the risks of remaining. For me , it boils down to it being economic suicide to leave in the present climate.

Maybe we'll get an early and warm spring!!

8 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

"our brussels masters"

Somehow I know you are regretting this 'slip of the tongue' ????.

our brussels masters are far superior to any Bonking Boris,farage,comrade corbyn,moggers or dianne abbot's,ask ya average belgian if they would swap their lifestyles for that of an average brit barely any would take you up on it and thats before any brexit,are you looking forward to 5 years of JC and Abbot?????

9 minutes ago, bomber said:

our brussels masters are far superior to any Bonking Boris,farage,comrade corbyn,moggers or dianne abbot's,ask ya average belgian if they would swap their lifestyles for that of an average brit barely any would take you up on it and thats before any brexit,are you looking forward to 5 years of JC and Abbot?????

By comparison to the Monster Raving Tories? Yes. I agree with you otherwise.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:01 PM, nontabury said:

<snip>

I don’t have the time or inclination to discuss all the points you raise, especially as you have such a closed mind.

I see, because i don't agree with you, because I present differing opinions to yours and because I provide links to reputable sources to support my opinions; in your view this means I have a closed mind!

BTW, I didn't raise the points, I simply responded to points raised by others. It's called a debate.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:54 AM, evadgib said:

Your rants would be equally enjoyable in 'Max Headroom' mode but you'll need to brush up a bit re accuracy before giving it a try...????

From http://patcondell.com/

OK, I'll give you that. 

But you still regularly quote him, and he is still an Irish immigrant therefore he doesn't fit nontabury's definition of being British!

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:38 PM, nontabury said:

And what % of the population of London is made up by Native Brits. Or should I rephrase that as people who can trace their British ancestry back a mere 70 yrs

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:29 AM, yogi100 said:

<snip>

Yogi 100 did not introduce any Yaxley-Lennon into the mix...….

Yogi 100 doesn't expect an apology but if you offered on it would be nice.

Maybe not, although the first post to mention him, using his most common alias, I saw was from you; but if it was not you who first introduced him into the topic; then I do apologise; even though you do intend.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:29 AM, yogi100 said:

to shove any expectations he might have where the sun does not shine.

But it was definitely you who started posting rubbish about the war, so no apology from me for mentioning that!

A reminder of what was said by Scott the last time Yaxley-Lennon's fan club tried to hijack this topic

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:58 AM, Scott said:

Please stay on topic.   Enough with the diversions.  

I admit to plying my part by rising to their bait; but if anyone wants to further discuss what they see as the virtues of a publicity seeking gobshite who uses the suffering of children to further his own agenda; start a topic in Outside the Box.

Exscuse me , back to topic please. 

In the  eleventh hour , our pathetic PM,   is doing the rounds , with her begging bowl . 

Politicians , do not have any personal pride .   Kick her out , asap. 

4 minutes ago, elliss said:

Exscuse me , back to topic please. 

In the  eleventh hour , our pathetic PM,   is doing the rounds , with her begging bowl . 

Politicians , do not have any personal pride .   Kick her out , asap. 

What specific points of her plan don't like?

What alternatives to those points would you suggest?

Or, like so many others, do you actually not have answers to either of those questions but simply dislike May's plan because she's a Tory?

On 1/7/2019 at 9:57 AM, keemapoot said:

It may be an issue of the remainers continuing to bang on and finally convincing a majority that they voted wrong last time. Isn't that what a democracy is supposed to do, be flexible to changing conditions so voters can make a more informed decision? Otherwise, policies could never change.

I am with the remainers on this. Always have been.

no, the vote was to leave, end of story! you don't change the rules after the fact, if it had been a remain vote those same people wouldn't even entertain a 2nd referendum.
Mat n co have dragged their heels because they didn't want to do it in the 1st place and because of that are looking weak as p**s and never going to get a good deal on that basis.

watching farage on UK TV now and still saying the EU will coming crawling back to us if we leave with no deal.The man is a joke,crawl back for what? us to rejoin when we have just left,this is what he has spent 25 years trying to make happen,what an idiot

Defeated

Government defeated on its Brexit deal

4db5ca1a-1ce7-48de-b415-cf885adb8ecf.png

House of Commons

Parliament

The government is defeated on its proposed Brexit deal by a majority of 230.

The result of the vote is 202 in favour and 432 against.

It means the prime minister has three sitting days before returning to Parliament to set out her response.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/46874049

5 minutes ago, nontabury said:

What a disgusting post, what about your wife or daughter, if you have one.

The Muslim’s in Rotherham, purposely targeted those most vulnerable in our society. Mainly those children who were in care. And yes many of them were Druggies and alcoholics, but who introduced them to these substances,in order that they could then control them in order to sexually assault them.

the most vulnerable in society are often alcoholics and druggies,as you have agreed,as are many wife beaters like tommy 

20 minutes ago, bomber said:

JC takes another step nearer to no 10

:cheesy:

Not a chance in hell, thank God.

I think TM should beat him to it, by calling a vote of confidence, the reality is very few Tories if any would not vote for TM, it is not just her but the Government, and the DUP have already said they will support her the Government in any confidence vote, do not think any other party will vote with Labour, predict they would abstain. 

Edit in.

Seems JC has tabled a motion of no confidence...

Still say he has no chance.

Archived