Do I need to transfer an expired visa to a new passport before leaving the kingdom?

Hello there Archy here,

I have been searching and searching all night for this but no solid answer so far...

I had a work permit while having it applied for a new passport, in the meantime the factory shut down it's Europe sales and I had to quit my job. Went to immigration cancelled my work permit and visa. Then went to pick up my new passport because my old one has only 1 page left and I couldn't leave anywhere with that one. Embassy cancelled my old passport as well and gave it back to me.

So in about 6 hours I am flying to Malaysia to re apply for a Thai wife visa and wondering if they will make a problem about this?

Edit: 6th of January my work permit visa expired and I am leaving today. Also, I signed early in the morning first for cancellation of work permit/visa and afternoon picked up my passport.

Edited by Archylius
Typo

Some dates of events would be useful

This is looking like you are on overstay

Others may of suggested that you should of applied for an extension - In reality this would not of been possible but would of given you one to leave country within 7 days (even if you had 1 pg maybe )

There is nothing to transfer to new passport as the Visa is cancelled 

3 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Some dates of events would be useful

This is looking like you are on overstay

Others may of suggested that you should of applied for an extension - In reality this would not of been possible but would of given you one to leave country within 7 days (even if you had 1 pg maybe )

There is nothing to transfer to new passport as the Visa is cancelled 

So would you suggest a visit to immigration before airport or just straight to airport?

Edited by Archylius
Typo

13 minutes ago, Archylius said:

So would you suggest a visit to immigration before airport or just straight to airport?

If flying in 6 hrs I would go straight to the airport now, inwhich case they will no doubt take you aside to pay an overstay fine of 500 bht per day 

I presume this has just happened because there are strict penalties for long over stays & the max fine is 20,000 bht 

This is what I can recall only 

1 minute ago, BEVUP said:

If flying in 6 hrs I would go straight to the airport now, inwhich case they will no doubt take you aside to pay an overstay fine of 500 bht per day 

I presume this has just happened because there are strict penalties for long over stays & the max fine is 20,000 bht 

This is what I can recall only 

No no I don't have a long overstay. As I said just a day that's all. My worry is about my new passport old passport issue...

44 minutes ago, Archylius said:

No no I don't have a long overstay. As I said just a day that's all. My worry is about my new passport old passport issue...

There should be no problem with that

I have read on here that you will have to show both Passports (since you have a new one with nothing in it )

They will call Supervisor to sort matter out 

All you need to do is show both passports on departure from the country. The officer will transfer the stamp with you current permit to stay date in your old passport to the new passport and stamp you out of the country in it.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

All you need to do is show both passports on departure from the country. The officer will transfer the stamp with you current permit to stay date in your old passport to the new passport and stamp you out of the country in it.

So I don't need to go to immigration right now and just go straight to the airport?

Overstay: yes I think, one day.

Transfer of stamp: they could do it as Ubonjoe said, but why waste 1 page at least of your new passport for that? It is an expired permit to stay anyway, and you are going to get a new visa in Malaysia. You are in your right to travel with both passports and show the relevant stamps from the old one.

Yes, go straight to the airport.