Rajevac fired after Thai defeat in Asian Cup

webfact

Rajevac fired after Thai defeat in Asian Cup

By The Nation

664ea7e328ec8868d261cde0bd2cb8b6.jpeg

The Football Association of Thailand (FAT) sacked national coach Milovan Rajevac of Serbia seven hours after Thailand lost to India 1-4 in the Asian Cup group A game in Abu Dhabi on Monday.

Thailand were far from impressive against the more powerful Indian team who beat the Kingdom’s side for the first time in 32 years.

Thai FA reacted by announcing the suspension of contract with Rajevac on its official facebook at the dawn of Monday and appointed Sirisak Yodyathai as acting coach with immediate effect.

“Although the players and the coaching team already performed their best duties in the game with India, I’m confident it was not the playing format that Thai FA and the team supporters desired,” Thai FA president Somyot Poompanmoung says in the statement.

Rajevac was selected as the Thai national coach in April 2017 to replace Kiatsisak Senamuang. Last month he failed to lead Thailand to defend the AFF Cup title, losing to Malaysia in the semi-finals on away goal rules. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/sports/30361732

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-07

The main criteria for employing Rajevac in the first place was that he was cheap and was being paid less than his predecessor. You get what you pay for.

Some big names were linked with the job the last time it was vacant (Rijkard and Ericsson amongst them) but the Thai FA was not willing, or able, to pay them what they wanted.

I thought that a coach was suppose to guide and teach the players . The players are suppose to do the Work as in making themself better so that the can win. It's like at school,if they are Lazy they won't learn. So I would say it may not be the fault of the coach that the lost. But then this is Thailand and can't lose Face ,,, blame it on the coach. 

3 hours ago, digger70 said:

I thought that a coach was suppose to guide and teach the players . The players are suppose to do the Work as in making themself better so that the can win. It's like at school,if they are Lazy they won't learn. So I would say it may not be the fault of the coach that the lost. But then this is Thailand and can't lose Face ,,, blame it on the coach. 

As long as they keep hiring foreign coaches that look like they may have already failed at teaching in a Thai classroom, they will go nowhere.

Archived