Best Android phone in the 6000 baht range

canuckamuck

I have the Redmi note 5. had it for about a year and I think its great. I am hoping now to replace my wife's aging Zenphone. I have found at the Redmi Note 6Pro, which seems similar but newer. I am sure it is great. But I was wondering if there was something else in this range to compare it to?

Anyone been shopping phones lately?

Check out Motorola e5 Plus, 5990 THB on Lazada.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/motorola-e5-plus-6-inch-3gb32gb-battery-5000mah-1-i262504669-s404301953.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.12.4a034e9fNrp3Of&search=1

Upgraded recently and I am more than happy. Dual SIM, LTE, very fast and responsive, great battery life, latest android. I also quite like the goldish color - all my phones so far were black, so this is a nice change.

10 minutes ago, gaviny said:

I went from a Samsung Note 5 to a Xiaomi Note 6 Pro only 3months ago and needless to say I will no longer need to buy an expensive phone ever again.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I know what you mean, I love my Redmi note 5. Many phones are ridiculously overpriced for slight advantages they may or may not even have. 

I have been using the Xiaomi MI A1 for over a year. The price is where you need it plus it runs Android One.

Android One has no bloatware, and gets Google updates every month. The OS is not modified by the manufacturer.

It also has quick charge and charges in under 2 hours.

I don't think you can get a better phone at this price.

I recently bought the recently introduced Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite from Lazada for about 6,000 Baht, included was a Xiaomi Smartwatch. I believe it's the same phone as the Redmi 6 Pro without the MIUI skin, and uses a pure Android One OS instead. For the price and for my needs, it's a fantastic phone. 

Only look at Android one phones, and maybe especially xiaomi MI A1 or MI A2.

All other phones and especially HUAWEIshit are full of bloatwares and their android is $hit. Only people who know nothing can choose these phones.

Android one is the closest to what pure android is and phones do not come with more $hit unwanted softwares that you do not want but cannot remove.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I have been using the Xiaomi MI A1 for over a year. The price is where you need it plus it runs Android One.

Android One has no bloatware, and gets Google updates every month. The OS is not modified by the manufacturer.

It also has quick charge and charges in under 2 hours.

I don't think you can get a better phone at this price.

so true ! I am happy that some other people know !

1 hour ago, gjoo888 said:

I recently bought the recently introduced Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite from Lazada for about 6,000 Baht, included was a Xiaomi Smartwatch. I believe it's the same phone as the Redmi 6 Pro without the MIUI skin, and uses a pure Android One OS instead. For the price and for my needs, it's a fantastic phone. 

Me too.  For me a brilliant phone.  Superb battery life for a heavy user.  Had lots of phones both Apple and Android but this is up there in the best.

I have an Xiaomi smartphone Redmi 4A which I have had for about 2 years. Great phone for the price but the battery life is deteriorating quickly as the phone gets older and I can't replace the battery.

Also, I was using the KBank app on it which was great but, about 4 months ago the KBank app stopped working and after inquiring with KBank was told that the app would not work with the phone because the phone had a fault with it's internals, the term was "gang rooted" or something similar, I say that because the term reminded me of a gangbang. Apparently the phones workings have been altered or are not Thai approved.

I don't think I will buy another Xiaomi for that reason alone as the KBank app was terrific.

2 hours ago, Coota said:

I have an Xiaomi smartphone Redmi 4A which I have had for about 2 years. Great phone for the price but the battery life is deteriorating quickly as the phone gets older and I can't replace the battery.

Also, I was using the KBank app on it which was great but, about 4 months ago the KBank app stopped working and after inquiring with KBank was told that the app would not work with the phone because the phone had a fault with it's internals, the term was "gang rooted" or something similar, I say that because the term reminded me of a gangbang. Apparently the phones workings have been altered or are not Thai approved.

I don't think I will buy another Xiaomi for that reason alone as the KBank app was terrific.

I have a similar problem. Kbank recently updated their mobile app with the result that while fund transfers still work, top up does not. The reason is that it now requires Android 6 or higher to work and my Samsung E5 has Android 5.1.1 which as far as i know, cannot be upgraded. They also mentioned something about the app not working with rooted or jailbroken phones, whatever that means.

I was using an LG G5. Got tired f the battery capacity as i use it a lot including WI FI and bluetooth on always, the GF in CM loves haveing the camera on for long periods. The battery would need charging twice a day. I saw some chinese phones with huge batteries and went with a uleFone Power 5.

Huge battery, 13AH, only charge every 6 days or so. Fast charge to full under 3 hours

The GPS is far more sensative then the LG.

Has 2 sim slots so no swapping when i come and go from Aus.

Camera is a big improvement over the LG.

Sound output is very good

It uses a very new chipset running 8.1 android and is very responsive.

No bloatware

Overall I find it a huge improvement with the only downside is the weight, about 350 grams.

I paid about 7,000 baht imported from HK

21 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I know what you mean, I love my Redmi note 5. Many phones are ridiculously overpriced for slight advantages they may or may not even have. 

21 hours ago, gaviny said:

I went from a Samsung Note 5 to a Xiaomi Note 6 Pro only 3months ago and needless to say I will no longer need to buy an expensive phone ever again.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I would agree that the Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro series of phones are currently the best in that price range (certainly a better all round device than the Huawei). Massive battery, decent processor, stable and smooth software, and a camera that punches far above it's weight.

4 hours ago, Coota said:

If the App stopped working.. it's not the phone. My BKK Bank App stopped working last week.  contacted BKK Bank. They asked I take the phone to the branch where they  put some code 5 digit code and the App started working again.

2 hours ago, pennine said:

I have a similar problem. Kbank recently updated their mobile app with the result that while fund transfers still work, top up does not. The reason is that it now requires Android 6 or higher to work and my Samsung E5 has Android 5.1.1 which as far as i know, cannot be upgraded. They also mentioned something about the app not working with rooted or jailbroken phones, whatever that means.

Rooted means total access to the phone's OS which would allow you to adjust security and remove apps. Samsung E5's are not rooted.

If you were rooted, you can install any version of Android... but you can't.

Android 6 is the issue. You should upgrade to the Xiaomi.

2 hours ago, whimsicalmike said:

I was using an LG G5. Got tired f the battery capacity as i use it a lot including WI FI and bluetooth on always, the GF in CM loves haveing the camera on for long periods. The battery would need charging twice a day. I saw some chinese phones with huge batteries and went with a uleFone Power 5.

Huge battery, 13AH, only charge every 6 days or so. Fast charge to full under 3 hours

The GPS is far more sensative then the LG.

Has 2 sim slots so no swapping when i come and go from Aus.

Camera is a big improvement over the LG.

Sound output is very good

It uses a very new chipset running 8.1 android and is very responsive.

No bloatware

Overall I find it a huge improvement with the only downside is the weight, about 350 grams.

I paid about 7,000 baht imported from HK

Over the years, I have tested many Chinese phones including the Elephone and Ulephone. The issue is they never update the OS or security. If you have a problem, they are impossible to service outside of China.  IMO, not a great investment.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Over the years, I have tested many Chinese phones including the Elephone and Ulephone. The issue is they never update the OS or security. If you have a problem, they are impossible to service outside of China.  IMO, not a great investment.

Not so with Huawei. Android OS and system updates regularly. Own 1 now and 1 previously and both impressive. Will buy again when needed. (Gave the first one to a friend in need and it's still going strong). 

47 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Not so with Huawei. Android OS and system updates regularly. Own 1 now and 1 previously and both impressive. Will buy again when needed. (Gave the first one to a friend in need and it's still going strong). 

Perhaps so.. but according to US security agencies, Huawei is known to have spy software embedded on their devices and share information with the Chinese Gov.

Good luck with your Huawei device.

17 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Perhaps so.. but according to US security agencies, Huawei is known to have spy software embedded on their devices and share information with the Chinese Gov.

Good luck with your Huawei device.

This may (or may not) be true. While I value privacy and abhor spying and invasions of such...those protections are just gone now. The USA has become a paranoid propaganda machine. Overreact and ultra-afraid of almost everything. However, we do know that the USA spies on it own citizens and it's allies. I KNOW this from personal experience, not to mention they have been exposed and admitted it. RE: Edward Snowden and Wikileaks. Everybody is spying on everybody, but the USA only condones it when they are the ones doing it. 

If one needs luck with a Huawei device, then I'd surmise such "luck" is needed with any and all devices. I'll take my chances. :thumbsup:

28 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

This may (or may not) be true. While I value privacy and abhor spying and invasions of such...those protections are just gone now. The USA has become a paranoid propaganda machine. Overreact and ultra-afraid of almost everything. However, we do know that the USA spies on it own citizens and it's allies. I KNOW this from personal experience, not to mention they have been exposed and admitted it. RE: Edward Snowden and Wikileaks. Everybody is spying on everybody, but the USA only condones it when they are the ones doing it. 

If one needs luck with a Huawei device, then I'd surmise such "luck" is needed with any and all devices. I'll take my chances. :thumbsup:

Huawei and ZTE are confirmed offenders. Spin it anyway you wish.

The Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is the only pure Android OS phone of the 3, and is 6,190 baht at Lazada.  It has the smallest screen, the worst CPU and the worst screen-to-body ratio.  So you will be paying for pure Android.

Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 4 + 64GB (buy 1 get 3 glass film + headphones + case) 1 year warranty | Lazada.co.th

The Realme 2 Pro is about the same price with a better CPU, a bigger screen size, and nice reviews by all review sites.  It is 6,490 baht at Lazada but I have seen it for 4,990 baht in a brick and mortar shop.

The Meizu X8 is 7,990 baht from LazMall at Lazada.  It has the best CPU by far, the best screen-to-body ratio, double RAM channels, and an Antutu score more than twice the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.

I personally am a big Meizu fan.  I own the Meizu 16th, and I think that the Meizu X8 is a great value.

Ill be in pattaya in a couple of weeks and will sell my s7 galaxy edge. 6,500 baht tip top condition.  Pm me if interested.

And remember, without galaxy, there is no universe.

That is my new catch phrase for samsung. Great advertising slogan right? Whats xiaomi slogan?

Archived