Dizziness and very tiered for half hour after breakfast ?

Sandman77

Hello !

Often , not always, I feeling very very tiered after breakfast, and dizziness! For aprox half hour then it’s gone ! I not exactly sure what is the reason ? Blood sugar down ? Is there a medicine that can hold the blood sugar on a stable level , or could it be another reason ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

after eating the body normally diverts some blood flow to the digestive system for purpose of digestion. this can result in a bit less blood/O2 delivery to other organs including the brain, which is one mechanism of feeling sleepy after a meal.

a simple test is to eat less so less blood will be shunted to digest the food and see if you get the same symptoms.

• Like 2

It is possible you are diabetic or pre-diabetic and don't know it.

If it is the case, perhaps your breakfast has too many carbs, e.g. cereal, fruits, and, in which case, tiredness may result shortly thereafter.

Hie thee to a doctor, post haste!

• Like 2

Every morning without fail I have a Lipo energy caffeine drink, 12bht from 7.. I've tried Redbull and M150 but I don't like them.. A restless night's sleep and wake up lacking energy.. And Lipo does definitely give me a boost, but taken before breakfast.. Full name is Lipovitan-D.. Made under license from Japan..

And follow Sheryl's suggestion having a clinical assessment of blood sugar levels, blood pressure, BPM and O2 levels etc..

Purchase of a home blood pressure testing unit isn't a huge investment and would enable you to test yourself at different times to see if BP is a problem.. Also a small finger sensor for measuring BPM and O2 levels maybe an investment to consider also.. Both are available from Lazada..

• Like 1

if you ar thinking about post meal drop in blood pressure;

"Postprandial hypotension symptoms included sleepiness, nausea, headache, and chest pain. Five patients developed postprandial syncope. Remarkably, dizziness was not reported in the patients with postprandial hypotension, whereas this is the most important symptom in orthostatic hypotension. "

https://academic.oup.com/biomedgerontology/article/60/10/1268/553134

Postprandial Hypotension: Simple Treatment But Difficulties With the Diagnosis 

René W. M. M. Jansen

The Journals of Gerontology: Series A, Volume 60, Issue 10, 1 October 2005, Pages 1268–1270, https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/60.10.1268

2 hours ago, Sandman77 said:

Yes I on high blood medical daily’s eat fruits mango vegetables noodle soup today

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

You are saying you take a blood pressure medication in the morning?  Could be too much for you?  Do you check your blood pressure at home regularly?  That is the only way to know if you actually need medication as many of us will be high to very high in a doctors office (or for me even a supermarket).  

3 hours ago, Sandman77 said:

Yes I on high blood medical daily’s eat fruits mango vegetables noodle soup today

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

And is oyur medication taken in the morning?

Monitor your BP at home as I suggested, it may be dropping too low and you may need a dosage adjustment.

2 hours ago, owenm said:

Every morning without fail I have a Lipo energy caffeine drink, 12bht from 7.. I've tried Redbull and M150 but I don't like them.. A restless night's sleep and wake up lacking energy.. And Lipo does definitely give me a boost, but taken before breakfast.. Full name is Lipovitan-D.. Made under license from Japan..

And follow Sheryl's suggestion having a clinical assessment of blood sugar levels, blood pressure, BPM and O2 levels etc..

Purchase of a home blood pressure testing unit isn't a huge investment and would enable you to test yourself at different times to see if BP is a problem.. Also a small finger sensor for measuring BPM and O2 levels maybe an investment to consider also.. Both are available from Lazada..

This first paragraph seems scary.

• Thanks 1

Dizzy like seasick?  Might be something about your ears.  I got some water in my ears and was dizzy till it dried.  I tried a Qtip but was dizzy for a couple of days till apparently the water went away.  I'm going to see an ear doctor this weekend and heart doctor on Monday just to check.  What is your pulse rate?

20 hours ago, allanos said:

It is possible you are diabetic or pre-diabetic and don't know it.

If it is the case, perhaps your breakfast has too many carbs, e.g. cereal, fruits, and, in which case, tiredness may result shortly thereafter.

Hie thee to a doctor, post haste!

I had similar problem in UK when eating certain foods, Avoided Gluten first thing and cut down during the day big improvement, plus mo more bloated feeling.

Just saying but get checked out by professional.

The dizziness is vertigo.....do a search on line and there are easy exercises to deal with vertigo. But like most people said, see a doctor.

also when a doctor here prescribes drugs to me or the lady I do a search online to find out exactly what it is.....many times they are dangerous drugs given without any real guidelines. One I got was banned in many countries....another could cause death or stroke. Another was a blood thinner which could cause bleeding in the brain....Great, just what I do not need.

in my opinion the doctors here hand them out like candy, and I don't believe they know much info on them, like side effects etc.