Kasikorn Bank can't confirm UK pension comes from abroad?

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:
Actually she is wrong (misinformed, or not understanding the question). It does show as an international transfer at the bank they partner with for the transaction.

The problem is that it is then often sent onward to the recipients account and that of course is a domestic transfer.

If they could allow people to select which of those 3 banks is used for the transaction people could arrange to have their accounts at that same bank and problem solved. but currently people have no way of knowing. They seem to use Bangkok Bank more than the other two but not exclusively.

I'm pretty sure i read that not all bank chaps payments to Kasikorn will show as Intl, Is that true? or will they all show as Intl?

Not sure what you mean by bank chaps. if you mean bank to bank intl transfers via SWIFT code or the like, the Kasikorn does nto show this on the bank book, nor on the statement you see online,   nor on normal print out statements. Others have said there is a way to get a more detailed statement that does show it (both online and from the bank), I can't test this online as I have not made a transfer in past 6 months.

However even if not, the DO have the information that it was an international transfer in their system (though maybe not accessible to branch staff). Something called a "Credit Advice" is generated each time and you can get a copy from the head office. Showing these internal  Kasikorn documents to your local branch should suffice to get them to include the information in their letter, at least it always has been with my branch.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

However even if not, the DO have the information that it was an international transfer in their system (though maybe not accessible to branch staff). Something called a "Credit Advice" is generated each time and you can get a copy from the head office. Showing these internal  Kasikorn documents to your local branch should suffice to get them to include the information in their letter, at least it always has been with my branch.

Do they actually make individual transfers?

Perhaps they don't make individual transfers allocated to each recipient so would not have a credit advice for the amount you transferred. Maybe they have a pool of money in an account in Thailand which they transfer out locally until its used up, held in different Thai banks, when one is used up they move on to the next ???

I don't know this just guessing how it might work, (it would explain why sometimes I get funds in under 2 hours, started and received outside of UK banking hours) ???

Perhaps they don't make individual transfers allocated to each recipient so would not have a credit advice for the amount you transferred. Maybe they have a pool of money in an account in Thailand which they transfer out locally until its used up, held in different Thai banks, when one is used up they move on to the next ???
I don't know this just guessing how it might work, (it would explain why sometimes I get funds in under 2 hours, started and received outside of UK banking hours) ???
This was in response to how do you route your funds UK > ThaiScreenshot_20190109-055214_Email.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Just been reading all about the transferwise dont send International to you bank and become a bit nervous 

I always use transferwise to transfer money to Thailand ( My wifes account). So yesterday I was making a test transfer to My own Bangkok Bank account, and it shows as international transfer 1610485306_Testtransfer.png.2fee015d87616f0cb1c15aa338aebfe5.png 

Just been reading all about the transferwise dont send International to you bank and become a bit nervous 

I always use transferwise to transfer money to Thailand ( My wifes account). So yesterday I was making a test transfer to My own Bangkok Bank account, and it shows as international transfer 1610485306_Testtransfer.png.2fee015d87616f0cb1c15aa338aebfe5.png 
What country was it transferred from?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

54 minutes ago, colinchaffers said:
1 hour ago, alphason said:

This was in response to how do you route your funds UK > ThaiScreenshot_20190109-055214_Email.jpeg

"We transfer funds locally they are coming from our local Thai bank account."

As per the attachment, your money was not sent across.

5 minutes ago, farangx said:

We transfer funds locally they are coming from our local Thai bank account."

If the transfer is recorded as international transfer in the bank, then it dont matter how they do it. Just did it yesterday, be cause you guys was making me nervous ????

Edited by carstenp

But, apparently the payment could also come from Kasikorn or TMB so may not come up as Intl in your Bangkok Bank account, it depends how Transferwise has routed it. Anyone disagree?
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, carstenp said:

If the transfer is recorded as international transfer in the bank, then it dont matter how they do it. Just did it yesterday, be cause you guys was making me nervous ????

Why not just recycle your 65K with them every month.  You grab hold of their local guy and then ask him to fudge it as international.  But of course he is unlikely to exists here. ????

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

But, apparently the payment could also come from Kasikorn or TMB so may not come up as Intl in your Bangkok Bank account, it depends how Transferwise has routed it. Anyone disagree?

I disagree. Her is how they did it from my Transfer Confirmation 

Paid out from
 Name TransferWise Ltd on behalf of ************
Delivered via Local bank transfer
 Banking partner Bangkok Bank THB
Banking partner reference ********

Edited by carstenp
  • Like 1

Paid out from
Yes that ones seems fine because its been routed via Bangkok Bank but I've read previously that Transferwise could alternatively route through Kasikorn or TMB and then onto your Bangkok Bank account, in which cases they may not (won't?) say International

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
7 minutes ago, carstenp said:

Paid out from

Yes that ones seems fine because its been routed via Bangkok Bank but I've read previously that Transferwise could alternatively route through Kasikorn or TMB and then onto your Bangkok Bank account, in which cases they may not (won't?) say International

My bank is Bangkok Bank (Bangkok Bank THB)

Delivered via Local bank transfer ( Could be any bank)

Banking partner reference ACCOUNTNUMBER> It could come from everywhere of there partners

Edited by carstenp

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
53 minutes ago, carstenp said:

As per the attachment, I agree with you.

35 minutes ago, carstenp said:

Paid out from

And one day you could see this...

Paid out from
 Banking partner TMB THB

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Not sure what you mean by bank chaps. if you mean bank to bank intl transfers via SWIFT code or the like, the Kasikorn does nto show this on the bank book, nor on the statement you see online,   nor on normal print out statements. Others have said there is a way to get a more detailed statement that does show it (both online and from the bank), I can't test this online as I have not made a transfer in past 6 months.

Back in September before I went to TW my pensions were sent by Swift to my KBank account.

In that month both my State pension and my company pension showed up as a Domestic Money transfer yet my Military pension showed up as International Trade and Factoring Centre. The same thing in October.

12 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Back in September before I went to TW my pensions were sent by Swift to my KBank account.

In that month both my State pension and my company pension showed up as a Domestic Money transfer yet my Military pension showed up as International Trade and Factoring Centre. The same thing in October.

I have no idea why that is unless these are being first routed to a different bank in Thailand.

• Like 1

I’m struggling to believe that if you send an international payment to Kasikorn by Swift that when you go to  get your letter from them if they are unsure due to their coding , they cannot see on the PC that is where it came from. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Paid out from
 Banking partner TMB THB

Properly, but we should all try to make a test transfer to see, after 20 pages , we still dont know ????

Edited by carstenp

1 hour ago, carstenp said:

Paid out from

I have the same confirmation details

with my transaction from Australia

1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

Paid out from
 Banking partner TMB THB

Your are absolutely right. Just going through all my transfers for 1 year. Denmark to Bangkok Bank ( My Wife account in Bangkok Bank)

If the transfer go through TMB it looks like this:

Paid out from
 Name Transferwise Ltd on behalf of ******

Delivered via SWIFT transfer
Banking partner TMB (THB)

Its Only Bangkok Bank there is Delivered via Local bank transfer

Edited by carstenp
Some copy and paste didnt work

5 hours ago, carstenp said:

The question is, is the practice of flagging a local transfer as an international transfer even legal?

Your are absolutely right. Just going through all my transfers for 1 year. Denmark to Bangkok Bank ( My Wife account in Bangkok Bank)

Paid out from

In that example where TMB were involved, its not classed as International Transfer?

38 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
12 hours ago, carstenp said:

Paid out from

In that example where TMB were involved, its not classed as International Transfer?

Its classed as international transfer in the bank, same as Bangkok bank does. Maybe its only Kbank there has a problem. I dont know. lets here from other

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:32 PM, Sheryl said:

in addition to asking for the ones you have already made,  ask to receive them routinely, I think there is a form you have to submit.

How do they send the Credit Advice notices Sheryl, by post or e-mail.

This problem is just the tip of the iceberg for many expats.

Speaking to a group of more senior expats the other day, some have no online banking facilities, a PC, or can't use one, therefore no e-mail address. Others who are married have joint accounts.

Some completely rely on their Thai wife/partner to sort out these issues, who frequently don't understand the problem in the first place. Trying to explain IT basics, is akin to me obtaining a degree in nuclear physicist.  

What code appears in their passbooks is the least of their problems at the moment.

I'll bet Nancy L (CM Expats club) is being inundated with these types of issues now for senior expats.

• Like 2

Another reply from the TW help line.

Good morning

Actually your reply has only partly cleared my query leaving several questions.

Firstly. Why can you not direct the funds directly to my Kasikorn account as Kasikorn IS one of your partner banks? From my point of view it is much simpler and much more efficient as the funds have only to go from where your funds are straight into my Kasikorn account rather than via a secondary bank.

Therefore, please clarify the meaning of “the bank service code shows as Dummy Branch MCL07416 and NOT as an international transfer.”? 

Secondly. The code MCL 07416 according to my bank book is the code for  CL = cheque clearing and 07416 = Stock Trading/Suppliers. M I am not sure of yet.

Thirdly. Thai Immigration are looking for regular transfers (preferably international). They are not bankers nor do they understand banking sort codes (which differ from bank to bank) but they ARE the people who authorise the extensions of visas for thousands of foreigners in Thailand every year.

They are bureaucrats and that is what they understand and they work within a set of guidelines laid down by the Immigration Department. Many of them have only limited English skills let alone other European languages and prefer simple and correct to make their life easy. When their life is easy then our lives are easier as well.

Regards

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I’ve asked our payment team for clarification of the bank service code you seeing from your side.

However I would clarify that this transfers are not international transfer as we are sending funds to your TBH bank account from a local partner bank in Thailand.

In regards of partners banks and why we can’t pay exactly from Kasikorn bank. The reason behind is that all this payments are made automatically by our system.

Once I hear back from the team in regards of this bank code I will send you an update. At the moment I can’t see such code from my side, therefore I will ask fro clarification.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Simona
TransferWise

This arrived last night.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I’ve received the update in regards of “Dummy Branch MCL07416 and NOT as an international transfer”.

The reason you see this code for the local money transfer is because indeed funds were transferred locally via our local partner bank.

We can provide you with TransferWise Transfer Receipts if this will be beneficial to you.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Simona
TransferWise

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

How do they send the Credit Advice notices Sheryl, by post or e-mail.

You pick it up at your branch, they send it to the branch.

here is the reply I got from Kasikorn when I inquired (thsi is 6 years old info):

"According to your enquiry about credit advice, we would like to inform you that there are 3 process for requesting credit advice by following;
- Requesting credit advice within three months from now, the customers can contact any Kbank branch that you are convenience receive in Bangkok and Vice city. No fee for this service
- Requesting credit advice within three months from now, the customers can contact any Kbank branch that you are convenience receive in outside Bangkok, please directly contact K-Contact Center at Tel. (66) 2888 8800 press 0 press 2 24 hours everyday. No fee for this service
- Requesting credit advice exceeding three months from now, please directly contact K-Contact Center at Tel. (66) 2888 8800 press 0 press 2 24 hours everyday. You will receive the document at Kbank branch that you are convenience and there are 500 Baht for this service.
The process takes about a business days.

Should you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact K-Contact Center at Tel. (66) 2888 8800 or email us at [email protected] 24 hours a day 7 days a week."

Actually your branch can contact them and obtain it for you if you can explain to them what it is you want, but I had difficulty with that initially. Once you have one to show them it is a little easier. Or just call the Call center while you are at the branch.

• Like 1