Visa requirements

Can anyone tell me what is required to get a visa renewal. If I have 800,000 baht in Kasikorn account, do I still have to get this new letter confirming that I have 65,000 baht coming into my Kasikorn account. I have been overseas for quite awhile, I’am really at a loss to understand it all.

Kindest regards,

P.M.

The new information release from Immigration is only for those who have been using the 65K monthly income route. If you have 800K in an account there is no change. You simply get the letter from your bank stating that the money has been in your account foronger than the 3 month requirement.

• Like 2

I presume you mean an extension of stay.

From your perspective nothing has changed. 

The proof of income is an alternative for people who do not have or want the seasoned 800k in the bank, or whose Embassy will no longer validate income.

You will of course still need all the other gubbins previously required, passport copies, proof of residence, TM7 form filled in with a picture. Money.

Thank you so much, now I know, very confusing seeing all of the answers, then not knowing which one is right. ????

I’am a female not a male, as said on my profile. 

Edited by Pitza

You only need to prove the 800k baht in a Thai bank for 3 months by way of a letter from the bank and copies of your bank book. No need for proof of your income to apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement (it is not a visa) at immigration.