Bangkok Bank MasterCard Debit Card

I switched to the MasterCard debit card a couple of months back due to Bangkok Banks apparent dropping of Visa. Since then I have been having trouble getting any payments accepted on the internet. Specifically 3bb internet and AIS phone top-up via AIS mPay.

I have queried this with the Bangkok Bank helpdesk and also my local branch neither of which has been able to give me any answer. I notice on another thread that a debit card with Kasikorn bank needs to be ‘internet enabled’ and wonder if this is also the case with Bangkok Bank. If that is indeed the case it seems strange that this wasn’t explained when I visited the branch office.

Has anyone else experienced any difficulties with a Bangkok Bank MasterCard Debit card?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If its the same as their mastercard credit card then you will need to set it up for the first time 

Mine asked me to set a unique phrase they call "PAM" (personal access message) and then enter a phone number for "otp" (one time pin) 

Every purchase after that will go to a screen and you will see your unique "PAM" and under that you click a button to click to get a unique pin by sms 

If you lose your card, you will have to do it all again on the replacement too ????

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 9:21 AM, MJCM said:

For online payments, it needs to be actuvated.

For myself and others I talked with, the system rejects the card number for the Bangkok Bank Master Debit card, it perhaps accepts the Credit Card number. I was already told by the Manager that this card is not equivalent to my previous Visa Debit Card.

I am now waiting on a new BB Visa Credit Card to fix the issues, and that took a lot of hassle to get confirmed.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 9:21 AM, MJCM said:

For online payments, it needs to be activated first.

Just tried.....rejected as invalid Mastercard card number as advised by Isan Farang above.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:12 AM, Isan Farang said:

For myself and others I talked with, the system rejects the card number for the Bangkok Bank Master Debit card, it perhaps accepts the Credit Card number. I was already told by the Manager that this card is not equivalent to my previous Visa Debit Card.

I am now waiting on a new BB Visa Credit Card to fix the issues, and that took a lot of hassle to get confirmed.

I'm going on the same route and as you say it seems to be a long-winded hassle filled procedure.