Jump to content

Thailand to air prowess in  technology at Dubai expo


webfact

Recommended Posts

Thailand to air prowess in  technology at Dubai expo

By   KWANCHAI RUNGFAPAISARN 
THE NATION

 

e27fd31c84521f401c61235c65b45ccb.jpeg

 

THAILAND’S strides in digital technology will be on show to an international audience when the country takes part in World Expo 2020 in Dubai.

 

Preparations are under way for the event, which will highlight the progress made under the government’s 4.0 policy, particularly with the development of the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) and advances in the new S-curve industries - especially in agriculture, food, bio-fuel, and digital businesses.

 

To be presented under the concept of “Mobility for the Future”, the Thailand Pavilion at the expo will feature the many developments in the three EEC provinces of Chon Buri, Chachoengsao and Rayong, especially with the opening of U-Tapao International Airport and the launch of high-speed trains connecting it with the Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueng airports. Also highlighted will be the launch of two deep-sea ports, at Laem Chabang and Map Ta Phut.

 

The Minister of Digital Economy and Society, Pichet Durongkaveroj, said that the ministry is honoured to be responsible for encouraging the collaboration that will go into organising the Thailand Pavilion.

 

The expo will be held for six months from October 20, 2020.

 

 “The event will provide a global stage for Thailand to announce the country's readiness to become a leader in digital technology in Asean,” said Pichet.

 

He said the Thailand Pavilion, covering 3,600 square metres, will be much larger than the 2,000 square metres that Thailand had at the Milan expo five years ago.

 

About Bt900 million will be spent by the government for the construction of the pavilion and other expense during the six-month exhibition in Dubai. Of more than 25 million people expected to go to the Dubai expo, about seven million are targeted to visit the Thailand Pavilion.

 

He said that the ministry has also set up a test centre for a 5G network at Kasetsart University, Sriracha Campus, to support the development of the EEC initiative in the three participating provinces. 

 

The tourism sector has also launched a strategy to attract more quality tourists from all over the world. With about 40 million inbound tourists expected to visit the country this year, Thailand will become the fifth-biggest tourist destination in the world by number of arrivals.

 

 “World Expo 2020 Dubai will be the stage for Thailand to demonstrate its readiness in digital technology as well as the impressive images of the country, especially Thailand's achievement to create seamless innovation based on its traditional resources and wisdom,” Pichet said.

 

“Also, this will be a great opportunity for Thailand to illustrate its potential for business, investment and international trade related to digital technology, which will ensure foreign investment, create joint ventures, and establish an investment base in both the agricultural and industrial sectors of Thailand.”

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Economy/30362014

 
thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-11
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

“The event will provide a global stage for Thailand to announce the country's readiness to become a leader in digital technology in Asean,” said Pichet.

yes the Mark II automated pineapple peeler is going on line next week.:clap2:

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, webfact said:

“World Expo 2020 Dubai will be the stage for Thailand to demonstrate its readiness in digital technology as well as the impressive images of the country, especially Thailand's achievement to create seamless innovation based on its traditional resources and wisdom,” Pichet said.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

bp_thai_110118_58.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“The event will provide a global stage for Thailand to announce the country's readiness to become a leader in digital technology in Asean,” said Pichet.

How is that going to happen without Jack Ma ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, webfact said:

will feature the many developments in the three EEC provinces of Chon Buri, Chachoengsao and Rayong, especially with the opening of U-Tapao International Airport and the launch of high-speed trains connecting it with the Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueng airports. Also highlighted will be the launch of two deep-sea ports, at Laem Chabang and Map Ta Phut.

yeah, no one has built an airport, high-speed train or shipping ports before. The world will marvel at this leading edge tech. Luckily the Thais invented straw, so they can clutch it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad they have few skilled workers.  Maybe the students can’t fail, but the country can.   The education is pathetic, so who will invest when you are forced to hire people that don’t know how to think?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once i bought an AJ stereo to find out that nothing worked properly and gladly i could change it for a Panasonic which is great.

 

Don't believe me? Try it yourself, Tesco sells it.

 

It's a Thai brand....

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, webfact said:

“Also, this will be a great opportunity for Thailand to illustrate its potential for business, investment and international trade related to digital technology, which will ensure foreign investment, create joint ventures

They all talk so big. 

 

Thailand is a country where banks ask for passport copies EVERY SINGLE TIME you want to transact with a banker. 

 

It is a country where not a single website works properly and the English language buttons take you to more Thai garbage. 

 

It is a country where they put traffic police out to improperly direct traffic instead of using technology. 

 

It is a country where you can almost never find cutting edge products they can even find in Malaysia. 

 

It is a country where you have 70 and 80 year old men heading Digital ministries and other technology agendas. 

 

It is a country that attracts almost zero foreign talent and has almost none of its own. 

 

Thailand Technology is the absolute worst I've ever experienced. And, Thai Tech people are near the very bottom of their competition. Thais are, by design, perfectly inefficient. Technology is about efficiency. Not same same na. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, webfact said:

feature the many developments in the three EEC provinces of Chon Buri, Chachoengsao and Rayong, especially with the opening of U-Tapao International Airport and the launch of high-speed trains connecting it with the Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueng airports.

Shouldn't that be "planned" developments financed by foreign direct investments?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2019 at 7:47 AM, Justgrazing said:

Whenever I noogle " Thailand innovation or invention " all that comes up is this .. 

 

IMG_20190111_074413.jpg

Love the accuracy of centering of the tiles and the shading, consistency and colour change of the grouting  from white to sh-t brown throughout.

The slightly off vertical of the water pipe just adds that final something.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2019 at 5:01 AM, NCC1701A said:

yes the Mark II automated pineapple peeler is going on line next week.:clap2:

gawd..........  id  better  warn  my  staff  pronto, although theyre  less  likely  to  break in  the  first  few  months of use

Link to post
Share on other sites

A 900 million baht /$28US million budget will put a lot of military generals and junta friends in first class flight seats and first class hotels over a six-month show. Or should I say shopping expedition. Which is the only reason they're going ahead with the expo project. That should leave enough money for the automatic pineapple peeler and an electric tuktuk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2019 at 12:53 PM, Fex Bluse said:

They all talk so big. 

 

Thailand is a country where banks ask for passport copies EVERY SINGLE TIME you want to transact with a banker. 

 

It is a country where not a single website works properly and the English language buttons take you to more Thai garbage. 

 

It is a country where they put traffic police out to improperly direct traffic instead of using technology. 

 

It is a country where you can almost never find cutting edge products they can even find in Malaysia. 

 

It is a country where you have 70 and 80 year old men heading Digital ministries and other technology agendas. 

 

It is a country that attracts almost zero foreign talent and has almost none of its own. 

 

Thailand Technology is the absolute worst I've ever experienced. And, Thai Tech people are near the very bottom of their competition. Thais are, by design, perfectly inefficient. Technology is about efficiency. Not same same na. 👍

And when they don't know or are too lazy to do,  the favourite word comes out "cannot"

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

And when they don't know or are too lazy to do,  the favourite word comes out "cannot"

 

Soon followed by a few of the more rabid Pattaya farangs who profess that, against all the evidence, Thais are smart and not at all venal.

 

Which all goes to show that there is a range of smartness to the left of the normal (Gaussian) distribution, but which isn't very impressive and includes all the remedial education flock.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ahahhahahahahhahaahahhahahahahhahaahahhahahahahhahaahahhahahahahhahaahahhahahahahhahaahahhahahahahhahaahahhahahahahhahaahahhahahahahhahaahahhahahahahhahaahahhahahahahhahaahahhahahahahhahaahahhahahahahhahaahahhahahahahhaha.......oh, think i burst a kidney!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear there's a new laser dick whitening gear being introduced, and not to mention the new grab host/hostess app about to launch.  Nay sayers and curmudgeons, the lot of you.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

So when are they going to invent things for the expo?

Don't need to do that...

simply show prowess in middleman marketing and repackaging of imports

 

any tech on show is a latter day mirror to Soviet type prowess in duplication aka B29 copy TU-4 etc etc 

 

although the Thai secret Mekhong recipe is work hiding; akin to US and KFried chicken 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

So when are they going to invent things for the expo?

Some weeks ago they showed an invention from a Thai technical university here, it was indicatorlights for a bicycle..operated from a switch at the steer...😂...serious!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderful....But in the global developpment game, why not Thailand establish that customers from Thai banks be able to draw from ATM's for free ?...and how about lowering the prices for hyper fast internet, as in developped countries ?... how about properly enforcing road law and making the roads safe as that is a sign of social progress and modernity.......how about reducing all the hassle and red tape for immigration visa formalities ? ... how about enforcing the law to push Thai taxis from not cheating foreigners on refusing the meter ?....how about......

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...