Poll shows quality education is Thai children’s most favored gift for Children’s Day

webfact

Poll shows quality education is Thai children’s most favored gift for Children’s Day

Children.jpg

What Thai children and teenagers want most as a gift for the National Children’s Day  from the post-election government is free access to quality education up to university level, according to an opinion survey of Nida Poll.

On the occasion of the National Children’s Day tomorrow, Nida Poll of the National Institute of Development Administration gauged the opinions of 1,270 people aged from 12 years upward of different levels of education and occupations across the country during January 7-9.

The poll shows that 30 percent of the respondents want access to quality education for all as a gift from the new government; 29.75 percent want free education up to university level; 19.69 percent want the new government to help promote and develop teachers and educational personnel; 6.85 percent want the development of the curricula of vocational education; 3.23 percent want access to high-speed internet at schools; 2.99 percent want to see the admission system be rectified and 2.83 percent want the new government to get rid of under-the-table kickback admission fees from schools.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/poll-shows-quality-education-is-thai-childrens-most-favored-gift-for-childrens-day/

thaipbs.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-01-11

What Thai children and teenagers want most as a gift for the National Children’s Day  from the post-election government is free access to quality education up to university level, according to an opinion survey of Nida Poll.

I can't believe so many kids want to leave Thailand. Mass exodus.

2 minutes ago, djayz said:

Mine wants a football... 

This  gives me the opportunity to  offend  all the delicate  snowflakes out there with................mine wants a ............................

48366444_10216107524234842_573809219883499520_n.jpg

Good for them. Hopefully the new generation will be the one that can pull Thailand out of the corruption gutter. They'll need good education to pull it off, however, which the old generation isn't capable of providing since it's busy lining its pockets.

Hmm, funny I just shared this article with my son in Denver.

He'd gone through elementary school in Singapore, HS in Thailand before going to college in the US.

I can't quite describe his response to this, between; hilarity, disgust, anger....i think he checked all the boxes

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Confucius has something to say on this matter. Take notice Thailand......you might learn something!

Confucious.jpg

how about you  have "no  plan"? because thats Thailand to a tee

Both my friends kids wanted iPad Mini's..........Education??  What kid says that I think they were coached and that was a setup, a ruse to 'entice' the govt to give them a free education thru university  -  it won't work.

13 hours ago, shady86 said:

Not only from school, quality upbringing at home would make things better. 

That might well be an even harder nut to crack.

We all come from societies where the traditional nuclear family has evaporated. But generally Fathers, at least in most cases, stay in kids lives and they live in a somewhat stable environment.

Thailand, not so much.

Fathers seem all too willing and able to walk away without a second thought or ongoing contact with their kids. Mom will happily dump them off with aging parents while she goes either hooking or working in some factory.

So two deadbeat parents, coupled with Grandparents who have done their bit and are now too old to really deal with young children again.

You're probably right, educational might well be the least of the problem

9 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

The children are not stupid, and realise that they really deserve more than the bad Education system they currently have

I really wish and hope that would be true, but I think it's a government ploy, putting words i mouths. Look for a Prayuth initiative on the subject soon.

Archived