Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson SLAMS 'snowflake generation'

snoop1130

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I like the Rock. His TV series Ballers is really excellent and his movies are entertaining, in his movies he plays shallow characters whose main attributes are that they are a good guy and can lift heavy things. Nothing wrong with that.

As snowflakes go, I think complaining of being offended Etc is just a passive aggressive form of bullying. We oldies see it as whinging and whining but the snowflakes see it as a way to visciosly attack the character of the person they are whining about.

6 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

His movies are watchable at least and some of them are quite good. Jumanji was brilliant. Infinitely more enjoyable than the virtue signalling sewage that gets the Oscar nods. 

Then there was the Baywatch movie. Possibly the worst thing ever made.

The attempts at humour at the expense of the old TV series failed miserably.

The ROCK - how cool is this guy, I totally agree with him, he says

"this generation are looking for a reason to be offended. If you are not agreeing with them then they are offended"

he calls these guys Snowflakes, I used to call them pansies, most were Homosexuals.

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Honestly the rock is a stupid name. Apparently this walking advert for steroids enjoys some kind of fame. For me he's about as relevant as Joe Blow from Poughkeepsie.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And Jingthing is so much better. I wonder how many millions you’ll make from that amazing moniker ???? 

I get so bored that people consider anyone that is trains themselves into the ground and is in peak physical condition just has to be using steroids right. Why? Because you they do it?

And even if he is/was on the gear people obviously don’t understand how they work

13 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

And Jingthing is so much better. I wonder how many millions you’ll make from that amazing moniker ???? 

I get so bored that people consider anyone that is trains themselves into the ground and is in peak physical condition just has to be using steroids right. Why? Because you they do it?

And even if he is/was on the gear people obviously don’t understand how they work

I was just joking around, you didn't get that?

But the guy doesn't impress me, sorry. 

I heard he's considering running for president.

That's really bright of him insulting an entire generation of potential voters. Moron!

Really, I can't take the guy seriously. He presents himself more as a cartoon character than a person. He makes action movies for stupid 19 year old boys and adults that haven't matured since then. 

Our heroes should be serious people that actually add value to society like great teachers, doctors, scientists, real artists, great writers, etc. 

10 hours ago, RawboneFunksta said:

He makes a serious point. young people are not creating themselves in the role of snowflakes they are being influenced to be this way by the change in parenting styles. Parents tend to be more careful about children playing outside, computer games are allowed non stop so kids exercise less and are less confident as a result. 

Universities which have been occupied by Leftie progressives increasingly for the last 30 years have also created the "virtue signal-ing" generation who imagine feelings more important than facts

Public life has also created a youth who agree with and do the bidding of globalist Financiers and their running dog politicians; welcoming all migrants, believing women are paid less and transwomen are genetic women. None of these things should be accepted without reason or facts to support their premise but today it seems, facts don't matter and actually spoil a bout of adolescent virtue signal-ing. 

The British Army cannot recruit young men and has resorted to begging for Snowflakes, muslims, women and gays to join. Gay men and women as well as muslims who adopt British values have always, incidentally, been part of the British Army and served with valour so that parts not new. It does not make the new MOD ads any less cringeworthy.

As for "The Rock" being labeled a musclehead; in my experience it's often those who were not good at sport and/or were bullied at school who criticise physical prowess. The guy is bright enough to have carved out two careers for himself and a pretty fantastic lifestyle I should think but knocking any man who is "masculine" is just part of the current malaise sweeping the western world. 

I only thank goodness I'm in Thailand or i'd been taking off heads for a pastime!

Sure you would.

So, basically, we have a poster making the statement that The Rock has muscles where his brain should be, which prompted some other posters to find offense with such a statement.  Meanwhile, The Rock, himself, would not have a problem with being called brainless, as he is simply defending the posters right to say something that others may disagree with.  So, Jingthing, The Rock has your back!

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

But the guy doesn't impress me, sorry. 

And he's probably not that impressed by your torrent of spiteful comments.

:coffee1:

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Our heroes should be serious people that actually add value to society like great teachers, doctors, scientists, real artists, great writers, etc.

Then man up, get serious and start contributing great writing for a change. A hero will rise.

10 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Whatever you think of the guy he is worth $220 million, all made from a career of wrestling, movies and developing muscles. 

How much are the critical snowflakes on this forum worth?

I'm not particularly a fan of his stuff, but can admire what he's achieved.

agree. i am not a rock fan either

look at jesse ventura wrestler and mr muscles.    quite intelligent and navy seal. 

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The Rock The Schmock. His torso muscles are starving out his brain "muscles" (not really muscles explaining his weakness in that department). I agree people should be allowed to say what they want but they shouldn't get all shocked if they say horrible stuff and then get flak from the public or their employer if they violated a contract. The public has a right to free speech as well. 

Yes, everyone has a right to free speech. And that includes speaking out against someone else's speech if you disagree with it or are offended by it. 

It does not give anyone the right to tell others they can't have free speech, try and forcibly stop their free speech, intimidate them, threaten them or assault them or in any way try and deny their right to free speech.

Yet there are countries and political organizations around the world that do exactly that. Expect their right to free speech to be respected but deny anyone they don't agree with the same.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

It's interesting that we see homophobic posts here conflating snowflake with gay. They are not the same thing but it tells us where these snowflake haters are coming from. The snowflake thing is really about the PC issue. There is a balance between free speech and hate speech. "Snowflakes" tend to be overly sensitive for sure, but many haters think it's fine for them to express the vilest of bigotry in public with no consequences. Go ahead. You can. But there might be consequences and you might deserve the consequences.

Oh dear. So you don't want to deny anyone free speech - just threaten them with consequences if you don't like it!

And who decides what qualifies as hate speech - you? Democrats? Republicans? Social Media sites? Mobs?

Just now, Baerboxer said:

Oh dear. So you don't want to deny anyone free speech - just threaten them with consequences if you don't like it!

And who decides what qualifies as hate speech - you? Democrats? Republicans? Social Media sites? Mobs?

I'm making no threats. It's just reality. We exist in societies. Consequences can be lots of things like public opinion. If younger people are more sensitive and they seem to be, public people would be advised to take that into account. Consequences may be people not liking you anymore when you reveal bigoted views. Bigots will like you more though. You can't control any of that by laws. Just like when gay marriage in the U.S. was made legal that was a civil rights advance but it doesn't and can't change the views of people that hate gays. Also, many celebrities have morality clauses, etc. in their contracts so if they get in trouble for crossing lines, they signed their contract with free will. 

As has been mentioned, the interview is fake and some guys here should read The Rocks response to it.

The guy is all class and a positive role model and here is his quote:

”So, to the millennials, the interview never happened. I always encourage empathy, I encourage growth, but most importantly I encourage everybody to be exactly who they want to be.”
Johnson further explained his point captioning the post, “If I ever had an issue with someone, a group, community or a generation — I’d seek them out, create dialogue and do my best to understand them. Criticizing ain’t my style.”

I an not sure if I can link outside news sources but the real response is easily found online.

edit:

I am not sure how a poster turned this into an LGBT “thing” but the Rock is all about inclusiveness. It was a fictional interview and nothing about one’s sexual orientation.

43 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There were some members that incorrectly conflated snowflake with gay, so I responded to that idiocy. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

OK.

I see where that occurred.

I guess the thing is that The Rock is looked up to by a lot of kids and his message has always been one of inclusiveness. 

I would think anyone that had spent a lifetime being unfairly treated and marginalized by society for just wanting the equal freedom to be who they are, would be glad that a guy like The Rock helps to influence positive change. 

3 minutes ago, GettingBye said:

OK.

I see where that occurred.

I guess the thing is that The Rock is looked up to by a lot of kids and his message has always been one of inclusiveness. 

I would think anyone that had spent a lifetime being unfairly treated and marginalized by society for just wanting the equal freedom to be who they are, would be glad that a guy like The Rock helps to influence positive change. 

The fact that he has considered running for president is enough to turn me off. We don't need another comic book character with no experience in that high office. 

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The fact that he has considered running for president is enough to turn me off. We don't need another comic book character with no experience in that high office. 

I can’t believe this thread made it to page five before politics was introduced.

The Rock was asked if he would ever run for office and quick to say that he has no experience and before he would ever run for any political office he would first need to gain experience. 

Arnold did a great job in office because he used his universal celebrity to garner lawmaker support from both sides of the aisle. The absence of historic partisanship identity is what US politics desperately needs right now.

You probably don’t see it by living over here but the US is full of alot of emotional people right now obsessing over politics to the point it has become unhealthy for the Country.

Archived