Jump to content

Got Crypto? Bitcoin Buys Tropical Beachfront Paradise Villa in Thailand


rooster59

Recommended Posts

Got Crypto? Bitcoin Buys Tropical Beachfront Paradise Villa in Thailand

Daily Hodl Staff

 

Mandalay-Beach-Villa-1024x681.png

Source: Bitcoin Real Estate

 

A sparkling modern beach villa is up for sale in Ko Sumai, Thailand. Villa Soong, a contemporary modern villa, is a beachfront estate facing the white sands of Laem Noi Beach. The 3-bedroom, 3-bath pool property is surrounded by lush palms.

 

The property is for sale for $1.5 million USD. Bitcoin, US dollars and other unspecified crypto are accepted.

 

Villa Soong is one of five properties at Mandalay Beach Villas, a collection of fully-furnished beachfront estates with island accommodations and ocean views. According to the listing, the home has approximately 3,767 square feet of living space on a 17,000-square foot lot.

 

Full story: https://dailyhodl.com/2019/01/11/got-crypto-bitcoin-buys-tropical-beachfront-paradise-villa-in-thailand/

 

THE DAILY HODL: 2019-01-12

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fairly sure that if anyone made an offer of the equivalent of USD1.5M in any sort of currency or commodity it would be accepted.


The place probably isnt worth half that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Are foreigners even allowed to own this? 

Presume one can be crypto-owner, i.e. virtual owner, reality is a different ballgame...🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had even more than US$500,000,000.00, yes half a billion us dollars, I would not touch a thai property with a barge pole.

The country is way too unstable and as a farang, you cannot own the land its on.

Why buy anything you cant own ???

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Presume one can be crypto-owner, i.e. virtual owner, reality is a different ballgame...🙄

Bitcoin can be legally owned by anyone , Thai House and land cannot

You must be old 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I'm fairly sure that if anyone made an offer of the equivalent of USD1.5M in any sort of currency or commodity it would be accepted.


The place probably isnt worth half that.

Drastically overpriced, you could buy a mansion for that price even in some 1st world countries not to mention the legality of ownership issues if you are not Thai

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Inepto Cracy said:

If I had even more than US$500,000,000.00, yes half a billion us dollars, I would not touch a thai property with a barge pole.

The country is way too unstable and as a farang, you cannot own the land its on.

Why buy anything you cant own ???

Why did they waste money advertising it on an expat website like this one? 

The land office will never transfer the property into a farang name anyway so its seems to be a waste of time 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2019 at 1:32 PM, Ks45672 said:
On 1/12/2019 at 11:16 AM, khunPer said:

Presume one can be crypto-owner, i.e. virtual owner, reality is a different ballgame...🙄

Bitcoin can be legally owned by anyone , Thai House and land cannot

You must be old 😁

So isn't that what I reply to "Are foreigners even allowed to own this?", i.e. property in Thailand, that Foreigners will be a "virtual owner" only...😉
Nothing to do with if you buy for bitcoins or real money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

So isn't that what I reply to "Are foreigners even allowed to own this?", i.e. property in Thailand, that Foreigners will be a "virtual owner" only...😉
Nothing to do with if you buy for bitcoins or real money.

No, they won't be any type of owner

Since the transaction will never be allowed to happen

Go back to sleep granddad 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2019 at 7:42 PM, Ks45672 said:

Why did they waste money advertising it on an expat website like this one? 

The land office will never transfer the property into a farang name anyway so its seems to be a waste of time 

because the design indicates clearly it's held in a company name controlled by an expat. selling the company does not involve the land office as there are no changes in the chanot required.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Naam said:

because the design indicates clearly it's held in a company name controlled by an expat. selling the company does not involve the land office as there are no changes in the chanot required.

This is the same old chestnut that's been a grey area for many years 

 

Owning land by proxy through companies is not an investment id be happy with under the current government 

 

$1.5m could buy something decent in Europe or US etc with no grey area

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

This is the same old chestnut that's been a grey area for many years 

 

Owning land by proxy through companies is not an investment id be happy with under the current government 

 

$1.5m could buy something decent in Europe or US etc with no grey area

some people do not consider the kind of roof over their heads as "investment" but "life style". calling it investment is the prerogative for many "poor" people who's life style differs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Go back to sleep grandda

Arrogant, Ignorant, Anti social and in some quarters even Racist. Just remember sonny, one day you may be LUCKY enough to become old.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Naam said:

some people do not consider the kind of roof over their heads as "investment" but "life style". calling it investment is the prerogative for many "poor" people who's life style differs. 

Its nothing to do with being too poor to buy it, i just wouldn't want to own something that is legally questionable under Thai law

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Janner1 said:

Arrogant, Ignorant, Anti social and in some quarters even Racist. Just remember sonny, one day you may be LUCKY enough to become old.

Racist? 😀 

Go on...... Please elaborate 

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Ks45672 said:
20 hours ago, Naam said:

some people do not consider the kind of roof over their heads as "investment" but "life style". calling it investment is the prerogative for many "poor" people who's life style differs. 

Its nothing to do with being too poor to buy it, i just wouldn't want to own something that is legally questionable under Thai law

let me draw your attention to the fact the i wrote "poor" which pertains to "life style". of course the same meaning of "poor" applies also to people who consider the purchase of immobile property for own use as "investment".

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2019 at 5:40 AM, Naam said:

let me draw your attention to the fact the i wrote "poor" which pertains to "life style". of course the same meaning of "poor" applies also to people who consider the purchase of immobile property for own use as "investment".

Call  it a purchase, living expense or investment, whichever you prefer

 

I would not feel comfortable living in a house when they could pull the rug out from under me at anytime

 

Much prefer to buy a house in the wife's name and buy condos etc i can own legally in my own name

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

Much prefer to buy a house in the wife's name and buy condos etc i can own legally in my own name

not everybody has a Thai wife. moreover... ownership is limited. it ends when they carry you to the graveyard or crematorium.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2019 at 4:42 AM, Ks45672 said:

Why did they waste money advertising it on an expat website like this one? 

The land office will never transfer the property into a farang name anyway so its seems to be a waste of time 

BSDs are known for throwing good money after bad. And plenty of native BSDs about, I'd imagine.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...