Visa to visit Vietnam (Danish) and more !!!

Hey.

I am a Danish man, And my Thai wife and i are going on a small trip to Vietnam in May 2019 for 4 or 5 days before going to Laos for 4-6 days.

Do i need to apply for a Visa to Vietnam before we go ?

The way i read it is if under 15 days, I dont need to apply before going, But i want to be sure.

My Thai wife say she dont need before we go, So she probly right ?

In Laos i going to apply for a new NoN O Visa Single 90 days.

This is because i get new passport, and my Immigration office complain every year about when i last enter the country in 2011.

It was on a ED-Visa. And i stay on ED-Extension for 3 years, Before change to Married-Extension.

And Immigration complain every year, That i never leave Thailand for a trip.

So i am starting to be annoy about it.

I all so read that 90 days online adresse report can sometime fail when change passport.

As my wife is going with me, I imagine it is married paper, her house book (i have yellow book)

As my Embassy dont do income letter any more, I take my pension letter (in English) and my Thai bank book with me.

Any thing else ?

I am married to Thai, And i am 50 years (a few days before we go on the trip) but my income is around 64.000 baht pr month.

But i have 400.000 baht in a Thai Bank.

Or can i simple apply for a NoN O Single 90 days for retirement ? 

Thanks in advance.

Kindly.

1 hour ago, JJ Madcow said:

It was on a ED-Visa. And i stay on ED-Extension for 3 years, Before change to Married-Extension.

They rarely allow one to switch to a married or retirement extension from a Non-ED - even though any Non-Imm Visa should be OK.  It is lucky they did this for you. 

If you enter with a new Non-O Visa, you would apply for the extension in the last 30 days of the 90-day stay you get from it.

I am married to Thai, And i am 50 years (a few days before we go on the trip) but my income is around 64.000 baht pr month.

But i have 400.000 baht in a Thai Bank.

Or can i simple apply for a NoN O Single 90 days for retirement ? 

Danish people lost their embassy letters, along with USA, UK, AU - so you could, in theory, qualify - but not as clear. 

Do you have your 64K Baht/mo being transferred into a Thai bank account - so these appear in your bank-statement now as "foreign transfers"?  If so, you could apply using the "combination" method for retirement, using the 400K Baht in the bank, plus your income shown by a bank-statement showing Monthly deposits (must be monthly). 

The format of the bank-statements for income are "in the works" - not sure if finalized yet - but should be by the time you are ready to apply.

Worst Case - go to the imm office and show your new Non-O Visa about 45 days before your 90-day stay would end, and ask if possible to do retirement with 400K in the bank plus a bank-letter showing foreign deposits (tell them how many you can show).  If they say "No," then just apply based on marriage.

Edited by JackThompson

I don't think they mean getting a new visa. I think they may not understand why you don't leave the country.

You can get a single re-entry permit at immigration before you leave the country to keep your extension valid. 

If you get the new non-o visa and enter thailand you will need a re-entry permit when you go to Vietnam.

If you apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage without financial proof.

You wife will get a free 30 day visa exempt entry when she enters Vietnam. You will get a 15 day visa exempt entry.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think they mean getting a new visa. I think they may not understand why you don't leave the country.

You can get a single re-entry permit at immigration before you leave the country to keep your extension valid. 

If you get the new non-o visa and enter thailand you will need a re-entry permit when you go to Vietnam.

If you apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage without financial proof.

You wife will get a free 30 day visa exempt entry when she enters Vietnam. You will get a 15 day visa exempt entry.

No, They say many time to me, To leave Thailand and apply for a new Visa.

And then come back and apply for a Extension with NEW Visa.

As we have plan to go on a small trip to Vietnam in the near future anyway, We doing it in May.

As i am getting my new passport next week.
And My Extension run to 26 May. And i turn 50 years start May.

This way i get all done, That Immigration keep asking me to do every year.

And i hope Immigration stop using 20-40 minute every years, Solo on the "problem" about ED-Visa / ED-Extension years ago.

@JackThompson

Yes My Danish Pension (Disability pension) go direkte in my Thai bank account.

Thanks all for the infomation about Visa to Vietnam, And we be flying in, When we go to Vietnam.

Kindly.

15 minutes ago, JJ Madcow said:

As we have plan to go on a small trip to Vietnam in the near future anyway, We doing it in May.

As i am getting my new passport next week.

You could get the non-o visa based upon marriage in Vietnam at the embassy in Hanoi or the consulate in HCMC without a problem (no financial proof needed) and use it apply for an extension based upon retirement if that is what you want to do.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could get the non-o visa based upon marriage in Vietnam at the embassy in Hanoi or the consulate in HCMC without a problem (no financial proof needed) and use it apply for an extension based upon retirement if that is what you want to do.

Thanks, I did not know that.

Are the requirements the same as in Laos (Savannakhet) ?  (i have try search this forum for Hanoi)

We change plan and therefor we be going to Hanoi for a few days all so to apply.

Do you know if we need to have return ticket before enter Vietnam ?

As we need to plan for that if so.

All so when i search for it, It pop up with 2 adresses in Hanoi.

สถานเอกอัครราชทูต ณ กรุงฮานอย 
Royal Thai Embassy, Hanoi

26 Phan Boi Chau Str., Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.

Tel: (84) 24 3823 5092-4 

(Satellite) 0 2354 6204-5

Fax: (84) 24 38235088

(Satellite) 0 2354 6202

Email: [email protected]

Visa Section

85 Ly Thuong Kiet Str., Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.

Monday - Friday  08.30 - 12.00 hrs.

Tel: (84) 24 3823 5092-4 ext. 130

Direct line: (84) 24 3823 5095

So do you know where to go ?

Is this the formular to use ?

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hanoi/contents/files/services-20130917-161113-233830.pdf

Any further infomation anyone have, I be happy to read about it.

Kindly.

36 minutes ago, JJ Madcow said:

Are the requirements the same as in Laos (Savannakhet) ?  (i have try search this forum for Hanoi)

The requirements for a Non-O-ME based on marriage to a Thai at both Vietnam consulates are the same as those in Savannakhet, except you also need a brief letter from your wife asking them to provide you with the visa.

48 minutes ago, JJ Madcow said:

All so when i search for it, It pop up with 2 adresses in Hanoi.

The are both within the same compound. The entrance for the visa section is around the corner from the entrance for the embassy from reports I have read.

Info and fees are here: http://www.thaiembassy.org/hanoi/th/services/1761/26646-ISSUANCE-OF-VISA.html