Maxnet Adsl

Pattayatony

Is anyone else having problems with Maxnet ADSL. I havnt been able to connect all day and for 2 weeks now if I am connected the line keeps dropping out. I had two so-called techs call around the other day one scratched his head the scratched his ass then they looked at each other and walked away. :D If anyone reading this is in the process of getting an ADSL connection do yourself a favour and DO NOT get Maxnet. :o

Is anyone else having problems with Maxnet ADSL. I havnt been able to connect all day and for 2 weeks now if I am connected the line keeps dropping out. I had two so-called techs call around the other day one scratched his head the scratched his ass then they looked at each other and walked away. :D If anyone reading this is in the process of getting an ADSL connection do yourself a favour and DO NOT get Maxnet. :o

Yes, having exactly same problems you are. And they won't answer their phones. I am connected now thro landline to Inet.

Who would you recommend for ADSL?

I used to swear by Maxnet but now I am swearing at them.

Were your 2 techs from Maxnet?

Yes, having exactly same problems you are. And they won't answer their phones. I am connected now thro landline to Inet.

Who would you recommend for ADSL?

I used to swear by Maxnet but now I am swearing at them.

Were your 2 techs from Maxnet?

Tammi,

I just sent you a PM but I forgot to give you the phone # to Call, 038-727795. The tecs came from TT&T or Maxnet or perhaps even the moon I dont know. They would not know their Ass from their elbow.

Cheers Tony

TOT is not a popular option! I haven't beeen able to check hotmail or yahoo for two weeks plus it's so unreliable that I need to go to dial up half the time!!

I've had TOT for about one year now and I've definitely had my ups and downs with them, but since the undersea cable break a month or so ago, it has been more reliable. Unfortunately, the performance is not linear. Some periods of the day or night the download and upload speeds are in the very good category, but there are other times of the day or night, such as now, that the upload and download speeds are much slower and sometimes slows down to a halt for a short period of time and only rate as fair. I just did 5 consecutive speed checks, one after another, using http://speedtest.thaivisa.com/ and experienced the following results:

Download kbps: 318, 297, 419, 424, 409

Upload kbps: 386, 398, 386, 386, 399

As I said, the above results were taken from a slow period (2100 hrs.). At peak periods, the download speed ranges in the mid to upper 700's kbps with the download speed in the low to mid 400's kbps.

Pattaya Dave

Edited by Pattaya Dave

I've also had Maxnet problems recently, but they were caused by faulty wiring in my connection to the phone line. All is well now, apart from the odd occasions when Maxnet hibernates!

Im still having problems with Maxnet just called them again only to be told they will call me back again... :o

Tony, Maxnet has been fine for me for most of the last 9 months. By "fine" I mean as good as can be expected here in Thailand. They all had the problem with the earthquake damage to the major undersea cables off the coast of Taiwan, but IMO you're not going to find much better. I too have had a problem with dropouts over the last few weeks.

I need to stay connected 24/7, so my solution right from the start was to have 2 connections. I run CAT 2Mb and Maxnet 1024. I couldn't count the number of times I've had to swap from one to the other over the last 9 months. As a third option I keep a prepaid dial-up card handy.

At the end of the day, this is a 3rd world country. It's best not to expect too much.

Edited by tropo

Tony, Maxnet has been fine for me for most of the last 9 months. By "fine" I mean as good as can be expected here in Thailand. They all had the problem with the earthquake damage to the major undersea cables off the coast of Taiwan, but IMO you're not going to find much better. I too have had a problem with dropouts over the last few weeks.

I need to stay connected 24/7, so my solution right from the start was to have 2 connections. I run CAT 2Mb and Maxnet 1024. I couldn't count the number of times I've had to swap from one to the other over the last 9 months. As a third option I keep a prepaid dial-up card handy.

At the end of the day, this is a 3rd world country. It's best not to expect too much.

I have two dial up cards as well. Its all the B/S they try and give you over the phone like the problem is your modem, your computer, change password, the list just goes on. With drop outs I have just had 5 in 5 minutes and they are trying to tell me nothing is wrong. If I was staying in Thailand I would up grade but I will be out of here in about 5 weeks. Im using loxinfo dial up at the moment no problems,

I sent an email to Maxnet the other day about the problems Im having and guess what "NO REPLY".

The next one to start on is UBC.

I use Maxnet 1024/512 for 2 or 3 months now, and I am quite satisfied with it. Just a few dropouts, but not worth to mention. The speed is sometimes an issue, but I think, that Maxnet is by far the best choice for ADSL.

Moo9