Unmarried father of a Thai child - Non O visa

Hi,

unfortunately I was denied the one year extension last month when I went in Chaeng Wattana with pretty much all the documents.

They wanted to interview my ex (mother of my 2 9 and 6 years old daughters) and some extra evidence was missing (photos of me and the children in their school, photos outside the condo with the condo name on it, photos in different rooms of the condo and my ex original document signed).

I told the immigration that I still live with my ex, thought it would have make things easier but I realised I made a mistake, since my ex won't go to make the interview now.

My kids aren't living with me (I live in a condo that I bought not too far from where they live). What are my options now?

Can I go there and tell them that they aren't living with me? Would they still be able to give me a 1 year extension or considering the fact they don't live with me I am not entitled anymore?

I have both kids legal custody from the Thai court and all the other documents plus the money in a Thai bank.

I think you’re going to have difficulty if the ex won’t help. The kids are supposed to be living with you, although that isn’t set in stone. I don’t see how telling them the kids don’t live with you is going to help.

You need your ex onside.

• Like 1