Clarification regarding finance arrangements with 12 month Extension of stay

Hi all ,

l would like to know if l am understanding the new rules correctly regarding my 12 month extension of stay renewal, say

l have THB 500,000 in my bank book,and not letting my bank balance get below THB500,000 ,  is it still necessary for me to deposit THB65,000 each month or can l deposit THB30,000 each month which would give me THB 30,000 x 12months =THB 360,000 + THB500,000 = THB 860,000 value attained in my bank book during the 12 months, and say l spent the THB360,000 during the year on living expenses ,  would this ok.

Thanks for your discerning replies.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can transfer 30k baht from outside the the country into your account to prove the income part of the combination option to meet the total of 800k baht needed. You can use the the income to live on there is no requirement to keep it in the bank.

Thanks Joe.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can transfer 30k baht from outside the the country into your account to prove the income part of the combination option to meet the total of 800k baht needed. You can use the the income to live on there is no requirement to keep it in the bank.

Just a supplementary question to this post, could that 500,000 Baht just be in the account for 3 months seasoning before applying for extension?

1 hour ago, logres212 said:

Just a supplementary question to this post, could that 500,000 Baht just be in the account for 3 months seasoning before applying for extension?

The answer is probably not clearly defined but 3 months of 500K would probably work along with your 30K per month.

1 hour ago, logres212 said:

Yes. That is the current ‘rule’ and it hasn’t been changed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trilok007 said:

800,000 baht has to be in your account for three months before you apply for an extension.  Only exception is first year when you are extending your Non Imm visa, seasoning is for two months.

He is talking about the  "combo" method which is a combination of funds in the bank "and" monthly income that adds up to 800,000 baht for a year so yes 500,000 seasoned 2 months for the first extension and 30,000 baht per month would work.  500,000 baht  seasoned   for 3 months on following extensions with 30,000 per month 

I'm not sure how the deposit amount is calculated. Is it calculated proportionally? for 30,000 income approx,, about 440,800 deposited? 

If you pension is paid monthly (some are weekly or 4 weeks) you multiply your 30k baht income by 12. Then subtract the 360k baht number from 800k baht which is 440k baht. I highly suggest you add some to the 440k baht to allow for exchange rate fluctuations since immigration will calculate the amount based upon the rate for the day you apply.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

And must it be say 30k every month, or can it be 20 one month and 40 the next please, totalling 360 in the 12 months.?

For the combination option your income only has be to a total of your annual income (360k baht as per your example) to reach the total of 800k combined with your money in the bank.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

For the combination option your income only has be to a total of your annual income (360k baht as per your example) to reach the total of 800k combined with your money in the bank.

That makes things MUCH easier, thanks Joe