Jump to content

Reports probed of tainted rice given storm victims


webfact

Recommended Posts

Reports probed of tainted rice given storm victims

By The Nation

 

2da4bee54d450390e70980565de48c0d.jpeg

 

A fact-finding panel has been appointed to examine rice packs set to be distributed to victims of Tropical Storm Pabuk after it was reported that several were contaminated.
 

Nakhon Si Thammarat Governor Charoen Thipyapongtada ordered municipal officials to determine if there was a problem with the disaster-relief packages they procured from private entities.

 

At least 32,000 relief packages were distributed to storm victims living in 10 temporary shelters around the province. 

 

Pabuk raked Nakhon Si Thammarat the hardest among the southern provinces it passed through in the first week of the New Year.

 

Packets of rice contained in some of the relief packages were reported as contaminated and the news circulated online, prompting the province’s action.

 

The governor said he had instructed the municipality to determine what happened and make sure their relief measures were in order. 

 

He conceded that mistakes might have been made in haste and amid the confusion after the storm. Anyone aversely affected could seek compensation from the municipality, he said.

 

Charoen also instructed relevant organisations to take better care in times of crisis because people suffer enough when disaster strikes.

 

“I would like them to ensure that people receive good-quality relief in times of crisis,” he said. “They shouldn’t have to suffer any further.”

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30362165

 
thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-14
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, webfact said:

disaster-relief packages they procured from private entities.

 

57 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Or if government stocked rice what smell and how old? Not enough info.

Oh I think they gave you enough, you just didn't want to believe, or a healthy deflection. How many years ago was that?? Better move on now :thumbsup:

:biggrin: Yings managing a port now. Need to move on.  :biggrin:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He conceded that mistakes might have been made in haste and amid the confusion after the storm.

Yea but what about confusion before the storm what with confusion being a bit of a national characteristic .. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like deja vu all over again.................................

Remember back in 2009, during the Abhisit administration, when canned fish was 'donated" by the government  to flood victims?  Democrat Minister Vitoon Nambutr was forced to resign subsequent to the allegations of corruption arising from the procurement of the tainted fish. Except, there is no political opposition party to question this event, and  no one in this military  administration will resign.

In Thailand you can observe a lot just by watching. The future ain’t what it used to be.

 

(With apologies to the late  and much admired/beloved/revered Yogi Berra).

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

It's like deja vu all over again.................................

Remember back in 2009, during the Abhisit administration, when canned fish was 'donated" by the government  to flood victims?  Democrat Minister Vitoon Nambutr was forced to resign subsequent to the allegations of corruption arising from the procurement of the tainted fish. Except, there is no political opposition party to question this event, and  no one in this military  administration will resign.

In Thailand you can observe a lot just by watching. The future ain’t what it used to be.

 

(With apologies to the late  and much admired/beloved/revered Yogi Berra).

Same went on during the flooding during Ying luck her term in 2011 + that relief packages were relabeled with Thaksin his head on it. So yes nothing changes here in this country lots of dejavu.

 

I think someone pocked a lot of money of victims, too bad that scum like that never gets punished severely. Stealing from the poor and victims is the lowest of the low in my book. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

A police chief said no Thai would scam other Thais, only the evil farang.

Without a doubt Thais scam Thais far more, totally logical as most criminals are Thai. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Obviously the PM didn't pray hard enough to cover things like this.

He didn't need to, he's been assured Thais don't scam Thais !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He conceded that mistakes might have been made in haste and amid the confusion after the storm

Yeah, right, sure, that's what happened.

 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Anyone aversely affected could seek compensation from the municipality, he said.

Good luck with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He conceded that mistakes might have been made in haste and amid the confusion after the storm.

In the haste and confusion rotten rice was ordered instead of good rice...and nobody noticed......yes, innocent mistake.  I wonder if any innocent mistakes were made with the relief funds during the same haste and confusion?

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Packets of rice contained in some of the relief packages were reported as contaminated

Contaminated WITH WHAT?! 

 

Juvenile reporting/translation, as always. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...