Photos outside of the Sukhothai Area

timber

We are going to Sukhothai for a photo trip.  I know there will be lots of pictures immediately around Sukhothai, but would

appreciate some suggestions in the 100 Km. radius around Sukhothai.  Thank you for your assistance.

3 hours ago, timber said:

We are going to Sukhothai for a photo trip.

When say Sukhothai there's 2 cites, Sukhothai New City has an Old temple along side the river that photographers like nothing much else IMO.

Sukhothai Old City has many, outside 100 kilometres could try Si-Satchanalai,  Mae Ping park,  Kamphaeng Phet, at best check out the map or Photography and the Arts forum.

Where is the best place to take photos of bats leaving the cave?  I am a Canadian living in Thailand just south of Chumphon.  My partner is an American living in Ohio, who has a Thai wife. from Bangkok.  He is wanting to move here when conditions allow.  Good people.  I am being

a bit pushy.  But thanks for the information.  If you have time maybe can buy you a drink or dinner, if you like.  We will be working out of 

Sukhothai from the 18th till the 23rd.  Friend hopes to get some star shots also if he can find a good area.  He is working hard at becoming a good photographer, and I am an expert snapshot photographer.  (555...)

take care,

Wayne [email protected]

Chao Ram Cave is the Sukhothai bat cave. It's around 45 kilometers from Sukhothao old town. There is no public transport, but it is do-able on a rented motorcycle if you do not have you're own transport (see https://asianwanderlust.com/en/sukhothai-thailand/ (Not my blog!)). 

The bats make their exit at dusk. It's impressive to watch the dueling Hawks who gather just as the bats emerge. 

Again, happy Snapping

Archived