After the honesty comes bitter reality! Two thieving Thai maids arrested in Pattaya

webfact

After the honesty comes bitter reality! Two thieving Thai maids arrested in Pattaya

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

Following a spate of "honest" Thai stories last week came news from Pattaya that two Thai maids had been arrested for stealing more than 200,000 baht in Euros from a German pensioner. 

Pattaya station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch and head of the local tourist police Lt-Col Piyapong Ensarn announced the arrest of the maids who were cleaners at a condo on Pattaya Beach Road. 

Erich Wilhelm Franz Pauer, 89, and his wife Ratchanok Pauer, 47, reported the theft of 5,900 Euros (worth 216,000 baht) sometime between the 3rd and the 11th. 

Herr Pauer said the money had gone missing from its hiding place among clothes in a wardrobe in the condo on the 25th floor. 

Sa-ing "Jiap" Kaewjinda, 40, and Boonchu "Amnuay" Pinklong, 55, admitted the theft after CCTV nailed them. 

They said they had stolen the money on two occasions - 2,000 Euros on the 4th then 3,900 Euros on the 11th of January. 

They had then hidden the money in a room in Soi Khao Talo. 

Both have been charged with theft and receiving stolen property. 

The case follows two positive stories last week in which foreign tourists were grateful for Thai honesty after they received their left money back in well publicized cases. 

Source: Sophpon Cable

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-14

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, webfact said:

Following a spate of "honest" Thai stories last week came news from Pattaya that two Thai maids had been arrested for stealing more than 200,000 baht in Euros from a German pensioner. 

And what was that recently about only farang rip off Thai's .. And no doubt they'll shed crocodile tears .. because they've been caught .. 

7 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

leave that much cash in a hotel room you deserve to get robbed..

Crazy.....and was there no safe in the condo he could have used if he did not want it in the bank....silly silly man :whistling:

37 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well it was a condo, a hotel would likely have a safe. Still not without risk though.

Was it their condo or were they renting it like a hotel room hence the maid service? They had stole the week before and these people are either too wealthy or brain dead to notice 2k euros missing then? Don't blame the Thais trying to come back and do it again, hell they must of thought they could afford it with no alarm raised the first time lol. My original point is that with all the hacks on youtube concerning breaking into room safes, locks, doors etc, keeping large amounts of cash on hand is a fools game. And you know what they say about a fool and his $  

Was it their condo or were they renting it like a hotel room hence the maid service? They had stole the week before and these people are either too wealthy or brain dead to notice 2k euros missing then? Don't blame the Thais trying to come back and do it again, hell they must of thought they could afford it with no alarm raised the first time lol. My original point is that with all the hacks on youtube concerning breaking into room safes, locks, doors etc, keeping large amounts of cash on hand is a fools game. And you know what they say about a fool and his $  
Most condos have Maids. They get business by either being approached while cleaning or word of mouth. They are cheap so most farang use them weekly

I don't see why all the negativity is pointed at the victim.  He stashed a few Euro in clothes (pant pocket, sock, who knows), in a wardrobe, in his condo.  He noticed it missing, requested CCTV footage, told the police.   Who doesn't have cash kicking around for an emergency or a planned (or unplanned) purchase?  

8 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Likely renting if it came with maid service and sounds like the guy didn't have a bank account. Presuming he stashed the money and left it alone, an older guy may not check it daily as  would! I agree stashing a lot of cash is foolish, I did it once and some was peeled off it!

4 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

I don't see why all the negativity is pointed at the victim.  He stashed a few Euro in clothes (pant pocket, sock, who knows), in a wardrobe, in his condo.  He noticed it missing, requested CCTV footage, told the police.   Who doesn't have cash kicking around for an emergency or a planned (or unplanned) purchase?  

especially if wife lives as a 'Cash Only Society'

58 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Ok, let's list all clever places to hide money from cleaning ladies:
1. tape it under a drawer
2. inside a shower rood
3. unzip a cushion
4. in a dirty sock

I have never had cash stolen from my house, but then I have been stashing it somewhere I have realised Thais never look, inside a book. 

3 minutes ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I have never had cash stolen from my house, but then I have been stashing it somewhere I have realised Thais never look, inside a book. 

And you don't have to worry they'll find out, as they won't be able to read your post anyway????

Archived