Visa Expiry Date

I obtained a 90 Day Non O Immigrant Single Entry Visa from Hull, the dates on the Visa are the 4th of December and the 3rd of March. I entered Thailand on the 11th of December, do the 90 days start from the 4th of December or the date  I entered Thailand on the 11th ?

Starts from 11th, and you got 60, not 90 days, but you can extend the 60 days for another 30 days at an immigration office for 1900THB

You have a stamp in your passport which says "admitted until", this is when your permit of stay ends (should probably say the 9th February), this is the latest date when you have to either leave the country or get an extension

Edit: Sorry, didn't see non-O, thougt tourist visa, then of course 90 days and a 30 day extension is not possible, and you should currently be allowed to stay until about 10th march

Edited by jackdd

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

Starts from 11th, and you got 60, not 90 days, but you can extend the 60 days for another 30 days at an immigration office for 1900THB

Read the OP again.

8 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I obtained a 90 Day Non O Immigrant Single Entry Visa from Hull, 

A non immigrant visa allows a 90 day entry.

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Read the OP again.

A non immigrant visa allows a 90 day entry.

If that’s the case my Visa expires on the 10th of March which is a Sunday, could I go to Immigrantion at Jomtien on the Monday and get it extended for 7 days or would I have to go on the Friday before the Visa expires ?

What date would they extend it too, 7 days from the expiry date or 7 days from when I went to Immigration ?

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If that’s the case my Visa expires on the 10th of March which is a Sunday, could I go to Immigrantion at Jomtien on the Monday and get it extended for 7 days or would I have to go on the Friday before the Visa expires ?

What date would they extend it too, 7 days from the expiry date or 7 days from when I went to Immigration ?

If you are married to a Thai or the parent of one you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them.

If you not you could apply for an extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country. The 7 days would start at the end your permit to stay. 

It would be best to do it no later than Friday since your permit to stay ends on Sunday. If you went on Monday you would not be fined 500 baht for one day of overstay but it you did not get it done on Monday you would be fined 500 baht for everyday.

17 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Your Visa became invalid (used) the day you entered Thailand, because you used the single entry it allows.

You were given a 'permission to stay' stamp until 10th March.

You cannot extend a 90 day entry from this Visa type, unless your married to a Thai or have a Thai child.

You can apply for a 30 day extension, which will be subsequently refused, but you will be given a 7 day extension to leave the Country.

You could exit locally and re-enter on a 30 day Visa exempt entry, or apply for a 60 day Tourist Visa at a local Thai Embassy/Consulate, both of which could be extended by 30 days at local IO's.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are married to a Thai or the parent of one you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them.

If you not you could apply for an extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country. The 7 days would start at the end your permit to stay. 

It would be best to do it no later than Friday since your permit to stay ends on Sunday. If you went on Monday you would not be fined 500 baht for one day of overstay but it you did not get it done on Monday you would be fined 500 baht for everyday.

I have a Thai son but if I got a 60 Day Extension it might complicate things. I would be returning to the U.K. and back here before the 60 Days expired or is it a Single Entry ? 

I want too apply for a Multi Entry Non O based on me receiving my U.K. Pension whilst in the U.K. 

The last time I went through Immigration at Bangkok on returning here my Extension of Stay had a couple of days left on it. I had a new Visa, 60 Day Single Entry from Hull, the IO was confused and I got pulled to the side, ok the other IO smiled and stamped me through after I explained I didn’t have the funds to renew my Extension of Stay.

What form would I need for too apply for the 60 Day Extension and what would be the fee ?

i wasn’t in the U.K. long enough the last time too obtain a Multi Entry Non O from London, I will be this time.

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Your Visa became invalid (used) the day you entered Thailand, because you used the single entry it allows.

You were given a 'permission to stay' stamp until 10th March.

You cannot extend a 90 day entry from this Visa type, unless your married to a Thai or have a Thai child.

You can apply for a 30 day extension, which will be subsequently refused, but you will be given a 7 day extension to leave the Country.

You could exit locally and re-enter on a 30 day Visa exempt entry, or apply for a 60 day Tourist Visa at a local Thai Embassy/Consulate, both of which could be extended by 30 days at local IO's.

Thanks for the info.

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I have a Thai son but if I got a 60 Day Extension it might complicate things. I would be returning to the U.K. and back here before the 60 Days expired or is it a Single Entry ? 

No problem to leave and re-enter the country since the 60 day extension will end on the date you leave the country.

You had problems before because you had a valid re-entry permit for your extension of stay.

5 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

What form would I need for too apply for the 60 Day Extension and what would be the fee ?

You would use a the TM7 form used for all extensions. Your child will need to be with you when you apply. You will need their birth certificate plus a copy and copy of Their house book registry. The fee is 1900 baht.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would use a the TM7 form used for all extensions. Your child will need to be with you when you apply. You will need their birth certificate plus a copy and copy of Their house book registry. The fee is 1900 baht.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I thought if you had a Thai child out of wedlock, Immigration also required a court order 'legalising' you as the father.

21 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I thought if you had a Thai child out of wedlock, Immigration also required a court order 'legalising' you as the father.

Not for a 60 day extension to visit them. It is only needed to apply for a one year extension.

• Thanks 1