Visa on Arrival Ho Chi Minh

Think OP means, he is obtaining visa (for Vietnam) at airport then going straight to Thai consulate to obtain visa for Thailand. OP, What time do you arrive Saigon airport?

I go often. The early flight I take AA arrives 9.15. The visa process can take 40mins. Don't think will make to consulate. You can obtain visa for Vietnam in bkk at Vietnamese embassy. Same as in Saigon for your Thai visa you drop it off morning pick up arvo next day. Why not 2 nights in Saigon. Chilled joint.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Think OP means, he is obtaining visa at airport then going straight to Thai consulate to obtain visa for Thailand. OP, What time do you arrive Saigon airport?

8.30 arrival. . I should state that as I am British I don’t actually need a visa but as I’ve never been there before I’d just like to know how much time it takes to get through immigration at the airport, stamp etc, as I have to be at the consulate before 11. 

3 minutes ago, leeedwards said:

8.30 arrival. . I should state that as I am British I don’t actually need a visa but as I’ve never been there before I’d just like to know how much time it takes to get through immigration at the airport, stamp etc, as I have to be at the consulate before 11. 

OK, in that case you should be Ok. As I stated I go every few weeks. The pp control line isn't usually a big deal. Let's assume landing and at passport control line by 9. Out of airport comfortably before 10. You can make Thai consulate by 11. 

Have you been there before? The Thai consulate is fair but strict. Minor point have any docs such as flights etc, hard copy. There are recent reports about obtaining Thai visa in Saigon. Good idea read em if you haven't done it before. Good luck. 

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OK, in that case you should be Ok. As I stated I go every few weeks. The pp control line isn't usually a big deal. Let's assume landing and at passport control line by 9. Out of airport comfortably before 10. You can make Thai consulate by 11. 

Have you been there before? The Thai consulate is fair but strict. Minor point have any docs such as flights etc, hard copy. There are recent reports about obtaining Thai visa in Saigon. Good idea read em if you haven't done it before. Good luck. 

Thanks mate. Just realized the flight lands at 9.05. Do u think it’s cutting too fine with pp and then getting to consulate?

12 minutes ago, leeedwards said:

Thanks mate. Just realized the flight lands at 9.05. Do u think it’s cutting too fine with pp and then getting to consulate?

I still think you will be OK. IMO.

Couple of tips (you prob know) already. Get on plane last and take first (non priority) seat. Walk QUICKLY get in pp control. If all goes well you can grab taxi. Personally, if I didn't have flights already booked, I would stay two nights Saigon. However if already done your locked in. Think you will be OK. If you end up 2 night option skip the taxi and take yellow bus #109 to district 1. 20,000 dong.

You can get dong at super rich.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I still think you will be OK. IMO.

Couple of tips (you prob know) already. Get on plane last and take first (non priority) seat. Walk QUICKLY get in pp control. If all goes well you can grab taxi. Personally, if I didn't have flights already booked, I would stay two nights Saigon. However if already done your locked in. Think you will be OK. If you end up 2 night option skip the taxi and take yellow bus #109 to district 1. 20,000 dong.

You can get dong at super rich.

Cheers mate. 

On 1/15/2019 at 8:43 PM, leeedwards said:

Cheers mate. 

Just an update, more for other people advice, as the op is visa exempt.

Landed Saigon yesterday about 5pm. Worst I have every seen at airport regarding number of people in line for passport control. Took almost an hour. Not to mention visa on arrival area (I personally had visa . Nightmare for those getting visa on arrival. BTW was having a chat with USA fella next to me in passport line.  At some point i asked him what visa he had.... "I have my letter thing". He didnt realize he had to take letter to VOA area and do the visa application. That has happened few times to me. Just couple of other points. Firstly the io looked over and over my pp. Its not shinny and new but not damaged. He was not looking for visa. He was indicating (I think) that the pp was in poor condition (it isn't). BTW last month I had problem with airline checkin staff. My identity page is unmarked, however she was unhappy that page have small tear where at spine. Members also may of read recently au woman refused boarding in au for flight to Bali. Bali has recently started to fine airlines that fly people with "damage" to their passports. This is all off the topic but might be useful. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived