I live in Thailand and I like it here.

villagefarang

9 minutes ago, faraday said:

Thank you, great pictures & sounds like a whole lot of fun.

Yup, I love living here too. There are many Thai people who can be truly lovely, & their sense of humour is often so devilish & appealing.

And there's never any ice on the windscreen in the morning!

????

No ice, but I did manage to find the one spot in their large parking area where a tree dripped some really nasty sap on my car.????

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, CGW said:

If you don't mind me asking what do you consider a long time?

I am guessing you can't read my signature at the bottom of my posts "More than Forty Years in Thailand and I now live in a house, in a field, in a valley with a view ..."

I lived in Bangkok for 30 years before moving to Chiang Rai more than 11 years ago.

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, villagefarang said:

I am guessing you can't read my signature at the bottom of my posts "More than Forty Years in Thailand and I now live in a house, in a field, in a valley with a view ..."

Appears with the uncalled for sarcasm you will fit right back into TVF ???? 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CGW said:

Appears with the uncalled for sarcasm you will fit right back into TVF ???? 

There was no sarcasm intended.  I just assumed you have the signature and perhaps the avatar functions turned off leaving you unable to read what is normally at the bottom of my posts.

Perhaps you would prefer a different answer.  I consider 40 plus years a long time.

51 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Good stuff. While I found Nan itself fairly mundane, the mounbtain scenery is certainly worth seeing.

I found Nan more interesting this time because of the people we were with and where we stayed.  I saw one farang guy sitting by himself on the mats where people eat the food they buy at the walking street market.  He looked pretty lonely sitting there all alone.

I don’t drink so the club we were at before heading up the mountain got to be a bit much for me and I excused myself and went outside for a while.  The musicians were not bad but the volume was a bit excessive in my opinion.  The others were singing, dancing, drinking and generally having a very good time.

The good times and the conversation were enough to make up for a little discomfort and lack of sleep.

There are a lot of lovely people in Thailand, both in the cities and in the country, as anyone who is civil, respectful of others and tries to learn the language soon discovers.

And there are many beautiful places, some well off the beaten track.

• Like 2

That's interesting. I to did the NLP course and it was instrumental in my success in my marketing company

But how will your Mrs use it? Big money in training in the west but never really thought that Thais would pay top dollar for it