30 day extension on a non-0 immigrant visa at Jomtien

Hi, I am sure this has been asked a million times before but I can`t find an upto date answer. I have 3 months and 4 days remaining on my 1 year non-o visa   ( based on marriage) I need to do a border run on Wednesday or apply for an extension for 1 month if possible.

I am currently applying for a work permit and then i will try to get a 1 year business visa so just need to buy some time to allow for that process so that I am not going to Cambodia for nothing or at least give myself a chance not to unless the new 30 day extension runs its course.

Is it possible for me to go to Jomtien immigration and get another 30 days before I need to do the run? If so what do they require? How much etc?

Thank you

There is no 30 day extension possible for a non immigrant visa entry. Only a tourist visa or visa exempt entry can be extended for 30 days.

Since you are married to a Thai you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit her.

You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage. You can use income from working to meet the 40k baht income requirement to apply for a one year extension of stay of stay based upon marriage.

Thanks joe, helpful as always.

So on wednesday i can go to immigration and get a 60 day extension even if i still would have 3 months left on my visa if i did a border run?

I hate border runs as they make you feel like a crook but done a few ok, worried about what they`ll ask me, heard so much, will they ask me to show 20k thai baht for re-entry? Is it best i stay overnight then it will reduce the hassle. From past experience they just dont like same day in/out 

Thanks joe

1 hour ago, sotonfarang said:

So on wednesday i can go to immigration and get a 60 day extension even if i still would have 3 months left on my visa if i did a border run?

You don't have to wait until Wednesday to apply for the extension. It would be best to do it on Monday incase you had problems getting it.

It is does not matter how long your visa is valid for when applying for an extension of your stay.