Appointments at British Consulate Bangkok

On 2/12/2019 at 4:55 PM, evadgib said:

Challenge accepted:-

a) Life Certs can be signed by 'Uncle Tom Cobbley an' all' rendering a trip to bkk unnecessary.

b  ) They (Staff) are taxpayers in their own right therefore by your reckoning are self employed.

c) The 500 plus queues from 6am that existed when passports, visas etc were all under one roof thankfully no longer exist and are no longer attractive to the sort that are constantly on the lookout for easy targets.

How did I do? ????

a) Life cert. Yes, this applies to UK. Have you tried getting  it signed by an undertaker, police, chiropodist, bank etc. in Thailand? Pls let me no who this Tom Cobbley is in Thailand other than a notary who charges 4000 THB?

b) Embassy staff don't pay enough tax to finance their own salaries plus. Or are you so well paid these days? 

c) with better organisation there would never have been need for long queues. Instead of a queue one now waits for 2 months for an appointment for a residence affirmation. 

What has improved?

4 minutes ago, Letseng said:

a) Life cert. Yes, this applies to UK. Have you tried getting  it signed by an undertaker, police, chiropodist, bank etc. in Thailand? Pls let me no who this Tom Cobbley is in Thailand other than a notary who charges 4000 THB?

b) Embassy staff don't pay enough tax to finance their own salaries plus. Or are you so well paid these days? 

c) with better organisation there would never have been need for long queues. Instead of a queue one now waits for 2 months for an appointment for a residence affirmation. 

What has improved?

a) My most recent one was a chartered UK surveyor living locally. Others are as per the criteria for passport photo countersignatories.

b  ) You nonetheless got my point (& no I don't ???? ).

c) There must surely be an easier way of doing this without involving an Embassy? (Rhetorical question as i don't need the answer).

HTH

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 10:51 AM, OJAS said:

Kindly provide a link to support this assertion. Or have you based it on bar gossip?

Hes the "tea boy" there and has been instructed to post how busy these precious over paid lazy souls are 

On 3/1/2019 at 11:02 AM, poohy said:

Hes the "tea boy" there and has been instructed to post how busy these precious over paid lazy souls are 

Nah. I just know how much work they really do.

P.S. Nice to see how well Wolves have settled into the Premier League

On 2/27/2019 at 11:57 AM, philba said:

At the bottom of the internal copy of this picture it stated " Busiest single post in the world"

52635771_2672488186124898_6964123779215654912_n.png

Well, I'm sure that the 7,228 figure for documentary services will show a dramatic reduction in 2019 following the Embassy's disgraceful decision to pull their income confirmation service - which will, hopefully, result in their losing top spot in the "Busiest single post in the world" league table.

14 hours ago, lungbing said:

And more than a person a day losing their passport? 

And I also wonder just how many of the alleged 496 individuals in this instance had been able to obtain these passports in Blighty before subsequently losing them during their hols in LOS, without the need for 2 compulsory potentially awkward physical trips, firstly, to lodge their applications and, secondly, to collect said passports! 

Archived