90-Day Report - First Time Applicant

Hi, I need guidance on how to file the 90-day report for a first-time user:

1. As this is my first time to file a 90-day report, can I do it online?

2. If yes, where can I file the report online?

3. If online reporting is not possible for first-time user, where are the locations in Bangkok that I can visit personally to file the report or can I mail my first report?

4. I'm on a Non-O Marriage Visa, living in a Bangkok condo that is in my Thai wife's name. Do I or my wife need to submit the TM30 form and if yes, by when?

5. For the TM47 report, what documents do I need to submit/present to file the 90-day report?

Appreciate any help or guidance. Cheers. 

1. Yes.

2. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

3. You can also do it by mail or go in person to Chaengwatthana immigration. You can use a courier service for this.

4. Not sure about that.

5. If you choose to do it by post you will need:

• Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)
  • Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)
  • Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)
  • Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47
  • Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

If you do it in person or send a courier you need only the signed TM 47 form and your passport.

Hope this helps.

KP.

Edited by KhunProletariat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, chuan said:

4. I'm on a Non-O Marriage Visa, living in a Bangkok condo that is in my Thai wife's name. Do I or my wife need to submit the TM30 form and if yes, by when?

Yes, your wife should submit one, within 24 hours of you arriving there. If she does not, you would be liable to be fined. If you have need to attend immigration for other needs, that is when you could be queried about this. 

8 hours ago, KhunProletariat said:

Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

Copies of all pages is not required.

"1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
- front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
- current visa
- last entry stamp of immigration
- last extension of visa"

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I didn't know that first-time filers could file their 90-day report online?

The system will accept the application but whether it would be processed at the office it is sent to is another question. Many would disapprove or reject it it was the first report. There might be some that would take the time to check their other records to see if a person has applied for an extension at their office and process the report.

19 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I didn't know that first-time filers could file their 90-day report online?  Is this new?

Agree.

It depends if you've already visited the office so they have a file on you.

If the OP entered on a Non Imm O and has never visited his IO, the online will get the message 'report to your IO'

I'd always advocate going in person the first time if you entered on a Visa.

If you've done an extension beforehand, the online should work for you.

Procedures for 90 day reports here: 

Edited by Tanoshi

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If the OP entered on a Non Imm O and has never visited his IO, the online will get the message 'report to your IO'

The message to report to you local office only occurs when your record could not be found and often occurs because of an error. The system only access a database of entries to the country.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The message to report to you local office only occurs when your record could not be found and often occurs because of an error. The system only access a database of entries to the country.

If he hasn't visited his local office, they don't have a file or record of him.

99% of the time they won't bother checking the other database.

His local IO want copies of his passport, proof of address etc, to create a local file on their PC before they'll approve a first time 90 day online request.

Let the OP try it and post back.

Edited by Tanoshi

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If he hasn't visited his local office, they don't have a file or record of him.

That is not the same as trying to do the application online.

I wrote this earlier.

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The system will accept the application but whether it would be processed at the office it is sent to is another question. Many would disapprove or reject it it was the first report. There might be some that would take the time to check their other records to see if a person has applied for an extension at their office and process the report.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I wrote this earlier.

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The system will accept the application but whether it would be process at the office it is sent to. Many would disapprove or reject it it was the first report. There might be some that would take the time to check their other records to see if a person has applied for an extension at their office and process the report.

Exactly why I stated very first time I advise he makes the report in person and supply copies of his documents, so they can create a local file and thereafter shouldn't have any issues doing it online.

His application may be accepted, but it probably won't get approved.

If he checks his 'status' it will probably state 'report to your IO', or remain in the 'pending' status.

2 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

If you are reporting in person don't forget a recent letter from you bank showing 400k for last 3months i got rejected at Jom Chien first time because bank letter was a week old, a time limit there being not older than 2 days (at that time)

That is for applying for an extension of stay not doing reports of staying longer than 90 consecutive days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, chuan said:

4. I'm on a Non-O Marriage Visa, living in a Bangkok condo that is in my Thai wife's name.

If your on a ME Non Imm O Visa obtained at a Thai Embassy/Consulate, you don't make 90 day reports, unless you apply for a 60 day extension which effectively also counts as a 90 day report.

If your on an extension based on marriage obtained from your local IO, it's a permit, not a Visa.

Your Non Imm O will have expired, you have extended your permission to stay for 1 year, so 90 day reports are required.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I wrote this earlier.

I tried to do 90 day 0nline today, but the system replied "please Contact branch Office for further information". I have a new passport maybe the system can't connect it with my last entry stamp? I will do my 90 day report by mail next time.

1 hour ago, maxcorrigan said:

If you are reporting in person don't forget a recent letter from you bank showing 400k for last 3months i got rejected at Jom Chien first time because bank letter was a week old, a time limit there being not older than 2 days (at that time)

How would that even be possible?  He would have to get off the plane and immediately go to a bank and magically open a bank account and deposit 400k,  otherwise it would not have been there for 3 months when the 1st 90 day is due.  

27 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

How would that even be possible?  He would have to get off the plane and immediately go to a bank and magically open a bank account and deposit 400k,  otherwise it would not have been there for 3 months when the 1st 90 day is due.  

Single entry NON O visas are valid for 3 months. So a person who obtains this kind of visa is entitled to stay in the kingdom for 90 days before they have to apply for their extension of stay. It used to be that the funds had to be seasoned in a Thai bank account for two months prior to the application being made, hence having a 90 day stay would give you enough time to season your money then apply for the extension of stay during your last 30 days.

It now seems that Thai Immigration is pushing to extend this seasoning period to 3 months by asking to see updated bank accounts/statements when picking up the extension of stay. I would expect to see this officially announced by Thai Immigration sometime this year.

KP.

Edited by KhunProletariat

11 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

Doing a 90 day report has nothing to do with money in the bank or bank manager's letter.

And if you were doing an extension of stay (not a 90 day report) based on marriage the money would only need to be seasoned for two months prior to submitting an application (and possibly an additional month following that during the under consideration period).

Edited by Suradit69

On January 20, 2019 at 8:19 PM, chuan said:

4. I'm on a Non-O Marriage Visa

If you're here on a non Imm O visa entry, you would need to leave the country after a 90 day stay or else have applied for an extension of your permission to stay, which, as the name implies, would extend your permission to stay, not the visa.

TQ everyone for the all the input and advice. For the past 4 years I was on the multiple-entry Non-O Marriage Visa but this year I've decided to go for the long stay extension. Will be applying for the extension in late March. I just wanted to get my ducks in a row; hence my query for 1-year extension (in another post) and this query on 90-day reporting. Cheers.