Hotel Or B/b

mr.buffalo

I fancy a 4 or 5 day break from Pattaya and would like to come up to Chiangmai to get away from the "maddening crowd " so was hoping some kind person could recomend a hotel or b/b style guest house for say around b700 a night but in town so to speak as I don't want to be too far from the " maddening crowd " :D

I fancy a 4 or 5 day break from Pattaya and would like to come up to Chiangmai to get away from the "maddening crowd " so was hoping some kind person could recomend a hotel or b/b style guest house for say around b700 a night but in town so to speak as I don't want to be too far from the " maddening crowd " :D

Good value and clean with all the usual room amenities at 600/650 Baht

Tapae Place

Address: 2 Thapae Road Soi 3 Chiang Mai

Tel: (053) 281-142 Fax: (053) 271-982

Tapae Place is a moderately priced hotel which prides itself on offering a quality service. The hotel is in a central location (near Tha Pae Road) and very conveniently positioned for trips to the Night Bazaar. It is only 15 minutes drive from Chiang Mai Airport. The hotel offers a number of packages which provide people on extended stays with discount rates. Many guests do often stay here for several weeks. The hotel’s air-conditioned rooms have been nicely decorated and have excellent furnishings. Each room also has satellite television.

Alack and alas, thou hast misquoted....verily, it should read "far from the MADDING crowd"

Enjoy your stay in the beautiful north!

Thanks MM will give them a call for room availability , think I will be motoring up by coach , an experience in itself I shouldn't wonder but I am used to long coach journeys ( days of my youth in Africa ).

If you do choose to stay there, ask for a back room on about the sixth floor. The mountain views across the old city are stunning at sunset. Bon Voyage.