Bangkok’s Marvel Theme Park Goes Bust After 7 Months

webfact

Nothing wrong with the location, IKEA and Mega Bangna attracts thousands of visitors every day. 

But when you can choose between buying a ticket to Marvel or a sofa from IKEA for 1500 baht, you know what you'll spend the money on.

The entrance fee should have been 300 baht.

14 hours ago, d2b2 said:

What? No they don’t. Their is no dual pricing in USA. It is illegal to do so.

Ca. Disneyland and many, many other businesses charge much less for people living in Southern California.  Japanese, South Koreans, etc, etc, pay non-residency prices.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/southern-california-tickets/details/

13 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Non resident hunting and fishing licenses

That is a state thing.  Nothing to do with the federal government unless I want to go to Washington, D.C. and shoot crooked politicians.  Should be open season and no bag limits.

And what's the deal about "state run businesses"?  Damned few, aside from states like mine that sell hard liquor in state stores. 

10 hours ago, happy chappie said:

My wife has business ideas like this one 5 days a week.a bar,a restaurant,a noodle stall,a7-11a coffee shop in between two coffee shops.thailand must be the number 1 hub of failed businesses in the world.

In the USA, my wife was interested in buying out a local Vietnamese restaurant.  The owner gal was very smart, and an accountant.  She showed us the two sets of accounting books - one for us and one for the government tax guys.  Took us to see places you could buy used restaurant equipment cheap.  Thankfully we didn't buy in.

Then later, there was a place 100 miles away, sold mostly fried fish.  She wanted her relatives (who lived nearby) to have place to work.   On a busy main street ... close to other busy restaurants that had fried chicken, ribs, that stuff.  Only problem was the slum lord property owner and the number of homicides in restaurants on that stretch of road in the evenings.  No frikkin way.  About drove me nuts.  But I dodged that bullet.  "Yes, dear, no, yes, no, no, no, no!"

16 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

You honestly believe that there are people who chose to live here but also chose not to drive because they think the roads are too dangerous. Beggars belief.

OK let their Thai wife do the driving so they can stagger back from wherever.

I have many friends here (Bangkok) who do not drive but non cite fear of dangerous road conditions as a reason. Mostly it is abundance of convenient public transportation/ they can afford a driver/the wife drives everywhere/et al.

I actually do know several ex-pat people who refuse to drive over here, I have lived here for over 30 years so do know what I am talking about when referring to how dangerous the roads have become due to the Thai standards of driving and you only have to look at the accident figures to know this is true. As for letting my wife drive I thought the object was to make the roads safer....!!

17 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

what they should do is issue foreigners who reside here (e.g. retirement visas) to be issued with an identity card thereby entitling them to enter venues at Thai prices.

They do. I have a Thai ID card. Tied to my house book.

17 hours ago, ebean001 said:

I see no reason why foreigner cannot pay more. they do it in the USA at especially state run businesses. I do feel if a foreigner has  thai driver's license they  should be charged thai prices. the problem is many foreigners are cheap SOBs. They have the money. What is your problem?  

In most normal countries Usa  not included it is one price for all nationalities kids half price

Back to the original post - this was a bad business plan combined with a hard, monthly licensing fee due to Marvel. Bound to fail.

Thailand is a country covered in failed tourist attractions. There should be a government ministry with the sole purpose of de-commissioning and demolishing these parks and putting the land to productive use. Thailand is already sucking the tourist teat dry; it has every opportunity to increase its manufacturing base, the government just needs to show stability (a smooth election) and keep rebuilding its infrastructure.

23 hours ago, ebean001 said:

I see no reason why foreigner cannot pay more. they do it in the USA at especially state run businesses. I do feel if a foreigner has  thai driver's license they  should be charged thai prices. the problem is many foreigners are cheap SOBs. They have the money. What is your problem?  

If more money is your justification, then where is the dual pricing for rich Thais in Thailand?  At best, you could justify this in the realm of income tax, and maybe not even then.

What you do in your spare time is your own business, but please try and stay off the crack when posting on TV.   ????

Archived