Where to buy gasoline pump / fittings for 17 yr old Honda Civic 3 door

scorecard

Noticed a gasoline smell, discovered a small leak under the tank, gasket where petrol pump is fitted into the tank is worn, a bit disintegrated and out of shape, causing the slow leak. (Small leak but causing gasoline smell in the car and of course dangerous.)

Chiang Mai mechanic shop says very difficult to buy new or second hand.

We would prefer to replace with new (yes the car is old but is being kept to fulfill a promise to eldest Thai granddaughter)

Any suggestions where to procure a new or second pump / fittings, including offshore suppliers much appreciated, thanks.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Noticed a gasoline smell, discovered a small leak under the tank, gasket where petrol pump is fitted into the tank is worn, a bit disintegrated and out of shape, causing the slow leak. (Small leak but causing gasoline smell in the car and of course dangerous.)

Chiang Mai mechanic shop says very difficult to buy new or second hand.

We would prefer to replace with new (yes the car is old but is being kept to fulfill a promise to eldest Thai granddaughter)

Any suggestions where to procure a new or second pump / fittings, including offshore suppliers much appreciated, thanks.

Honda dealer.

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

I think we might have it at your shop. Let me take a look tonight.

Thanks.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for my son to send a photo of the inside details page of the car blue book, I understand that page has the needed model number and I'm told the engine number (in the blue book) might also be important to pin down the exact parts involved ???

I'll post the blue book photos as soon as received.

We don't have the part in stock, but could order it for you. The part would be made by Lucas. I think trying to find an OEM part made by Hitachi is going to be quite difficult. If you are interested, send me a PM with the VIN number of your car so we can check if the part we have in mind is correct and I'll inform you the price. 

40 minutes ago, JoeW said:

We don't have the part in stock, but could order it for you. The part would be made by Lucas. I think trying to find an OEM part made by Hitachi is going to be quite difficult. If you are interested, send me a PM with the VIN number of your car so we can check if the part we have in mind is correct and I'll inform you the price. 

Hi, thank you.

The blue book for the car just below. Does this give enough information?

image.png.4947c6d7625d2062ca84f5aa0646e85b.png

16 hours ago, scorecard said:

Already approached 3 in Chiang Mai, when they realize the age of the car all totally not interested.

whilst in the shop at the equiry desk; make sure they see you have it outside,

near their office window - with the engine still ticking over

- and then pretend you have locked yourself out of the car...

Archived