Direct Mini Van From Pattaya Klang to Don Muang Airport

marinediscoking

They were adamant that it is direct without any changes, but I have my doubts believing them.  Has anyone tried this? The first Van leaves at 5:40am but was told to arrive at 5am to get a seat on it. They fair is 180 baht. The office is just past foodland going toward Suk. on the left hand side by 7-11.  The tel. on the card they gave me is 0831121915.

I know taking a mini vans adds a higher risk factor when it comes to safety but I need to get on a flight that coincides with rush hour traffic in bangkok  I would normally take the bus from the bus station to Mo chit and transfer to A1 shuttle from there but with the budget airline if you don't check in 45 minutes before you lose the licket. 

The 1st bus to leave Roong Reuang bus station on Pattaya Klang going to Morchit is 4:30 am (ticket window opes at 0400 and sells out quickly) and arrives about 2.5 hours later. 117 baht, DM is just a short taxi ride away. 

What is your check=in time?

That van next to 7 11 on Klang does goes past DM and DM is their first stop but it does not go to DM exclusively, it goes further north to Rangsit. Usually it takes the Motorway 9 ringroad to just north of DM, and if you request to go to DM it is technically a slight detour for them to drive back down to DM and U turn back to the stops further north. 

The North road coach to either Ekamai or Mo Chit is not recommended during rush hour, even airport bus to SVB then to catch a connecting taxi or shuttle to DM would be bad, the Motorway in front of SVB into Bangkok is jam packed from around 7am 

12 hours ago, digbeth said:

That van next to 7 11 on Klang does goes past DM and DM is their first stop but it does not go to DM exclusively, it goes further north to Rangsit. Usually it takes the Motorway 9 ringroad to just north of DM, and if you request to go to DM it is technically a slight detour for them to drive back down to DM and U turn back to the stops further north. 

The North road coach to either Ekamai or Mo Chit is not recommended during rush hour, even airport bus to SVB then to catch a connecting taxi or shuttle to DM would be bad, the Motorway in front of SVB into Bangkok is jam packed from around 7am 

Thanks for the info. That is route that makes the most since. I would guess catching that van that leaves at 5:30am would be enough time to get there by 9:15?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up, the van departed promptly at 5:40am and arrived at don muang at 8:05am. It drove straight through Bangkok as there was no traffic (unusual I guess) and did not take route 9. Guess the driver knew there was no congestion. He only stopped to pick up someone in lam chabang then short restroom break. Couldn't have worked out better. 

1 hour ago, indepth said:

OP must be new to LOS. To take a coffin on wheels here is definitely a no no. Bus, safer, car even better. 

New to some but living here since 2001 and back and forth from 92.

I was surprised that the driver kept his speed reasonable and didn't change lanes often also all seats had seat belts. I didn't feel crammed in like sardines like years past. Maybe the new rules that went in place last year are having some effect? 

However I don't recommended traveling in them if all possible. 

Archived