Unlike Elected PMs, Prayuth To Retain Full Power Until Vote

webfact

Unlike Elected PMs, Prayuth To Retain Full Power Until Vote

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%81%E0%

Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha speaks to reporters Jan. 22, 2019.

BANGKOK — The government on Thursday rejected calls for junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha to step down in the weeks leading up to the election.

Instead of serving as a caretaker prime minister with limited power – as has been the case when governments call general elections – Gen. Prayuth will continue to wield his authority as the sovereign leader until voters go to the polls March 24.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2019/01/24/unlike-elected-pms-prayuth-to-retain-full-power-until-vote/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-01-24

7 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

They hold the election.  Pan-O doesn't like the results.  Uses his "I'm God" Article 44 to nullify.  Promises new elections "sometime". 

IF I was a betting man, I'd say this scenario is most likely, ~75% chances I reckon.

Prayuth To Retain Full Power Until Vote

That he actually possesses a shred of real, inherent power would be news, so 'full power' can be entered as today's oxymoron . . . there's usually one or more to brighten up the day.

Serious question: why are we even bothering with this!

For the Great Prayut, all rules are out of the window- after all, he is the most beloved PM ever, with an approval rating close to that of Kim Jong Un!

And rightfully so, since he is the savior of Thailand and the bringer of happiness!

Also: whatever party he joins, he will stay on as PM until...well...death do us part!

Good night, Thailand!

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

IF I was a betting man, I'd say this scenario is most likely, ~75% chances I reckon.

Not so sure. He doesn't have the front to carry that to the world, and he doesn't have the brains to figure out a lie big enough so they believe it. I know the international community is a club of city bankers but even so,m there are limits to their credibility, just ask Theresa May.

Going out on a limb here, and it may be wishful thinking, but I think this guy's toast.

I can almost hear the banging as they refurbish the tumbrils.

33 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Of course he does, but for pity's sake at least stop your Friday deluge

There are a few septic tank emptyine services round where I live, and I saw one of them the other day unloading into a field of sugar cane. I recall thinking 'That's just what we need for out canefields - and it would be a lot cheaper than hiring Prayuth to do the same thing...'.

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

Of course he does, but for pity's sake at least stop your Friday deluge

Fat chance. That's the only time he gets a real tingle - an orgasm, almost - each week.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Gen. Prayuth will continue to wield his authority as the sovereign leader until voters go to the polls March 24.

Untrue as the article also points out:

“This government will not be in a caretaker status but will continue to perform its duties until a new cabinet is place,” (my underline emphasis)

The installation of the new government follows the certified vote tally and submission by Prayut for endorsement before the new government is installed. Up to that point Prayut retains his constitutional right to absolute power and remains the sovereign leader.

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Wissanu is doing all he can to made sure those weapon procurements will be done without any hitches. Last dash to the trough. 

I said that nothing can be taken for granted Eric, on a previous thread regarding the current government now being in caretaker mode. He can still use Article 44 whenever he wants to as well.

The only rule is there are no rules!

8 hours ago, JAG said:

And very likely afterwards as well.

There is a 20 year plan to be implemented...

He has no plans to go anywhere. In fact, if he doesn't feel he would win an election he will find a way not to have an election. Legitimacy would be nice but he considers it as a luxury, not a necessity. 

10 hours ago, JAG said:

And very likely afterwards as well.

There is a 20 year plan to be implemented...

20 year plans are meaningless...

not long ago the germans had a 1000 years 3rd reich to build....fast forward 80 years, and i am sure those mastermind would be shocked to see the current direction.

that said,

i would be not a bit surprised to see that if the votes arent favoring the good general, then there would be a plan B ready to implement.

It doesn't matter who gets in. The Army still has the power to get rid of you as soon as they don't like what you are doing. The election is just a big farce like the lifesavers at Phuket. Oh, the big guy with the expensive watches he is one of the richest guys in Asia. The deputy Pm of Thailand  Not bad for an old army general. Must be great pay being a General in the Thai army

Archived