How to buy Thai pregnant Holstein heifers for export?

If I may ask why do you want to buy a few hundred Thai dairy heifers? and where are you going to export them too,where I am is a big dairy farming area ,and near me is Mortlec and Pachon ,in Saraburi and Korat Provence , but my area has just got over a big outbreak of Foot and Mouth disease, and Mortlec and Pachon is in the middle of a big outbreak about 70 farms have been infected, up to press, not a time to be buying any cattle .

Other big areas are Ratchaburi and nearby Nong Pho, not certain if these areas have Foot and Mouth.

A few years ago a lot of our dairy heifers, in calf were exported to Vietnam all were about 2-3 months in  calf when word got around that buyers were buying in calf heifers, the price went up.we where rearing dairy heifers at the time and we got a good price for a few we sold for export.

One problem was I heard that a lot of heifers that went to Vietnam died ofAnaplasmoses and Babesia, tic fever they had no resistance to the disease, and so I was told the local vets could not treat the animals.

From the 31st January -5th February, is the Thai annual dairy show at Mortlec, Saraburi Provence, next to the main Friendship Highway, one or 2 days they asking around should help you.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 9:49 PM, kickstart said:

If I may ask why do you want to buy a few hundred Thai dairy heifers? and where are you going to export them too,where I am is a big dairy farming area ,and near me is Mortlec and Pachon ,in Saraburi and Korat Provence , but my area has just got over a big outbreak of Foot and Mouth disease, and Mortlec and Pachon is in the middle of a big outbreak about 70 farms have been infected, up to press, not a time to be buying any cattle .

Other big areas are Ratchaburi and nearby Nong Pho, not certain if these areas have Foot and Mouth.

A few years ago a lot of our dairy heifers, in calf were exported to Vietnam all were about 2-3 months in  calf when word got around that buyers were buying in calf heifers, the price went up.we where rearing dairy heifers at the time and we got a good price for a few we sold for export.

One problem was I heard that a lot of heifers that went to Vietnam died ofAnaplasmoses and Babesia, tic fever they had no resistance to the disease, and so I was told the local vets could not treat the animals.

From the 31st January -5th February, is the Thai annual dairy show at Mortlec, Saraburi Provence, next to the main Friendship Highway, one or 2 days they asking around should help you.

Thanks for the details. Yes, they are deemed to be exported. Will you be at the Mortlec show and can you scout the pregnant heifers for me?

Do you know what you are trying to do?I said we sold in calf heifers, for export a local guy was acting as an agent for the main buyers, in Malaysia and Vietnam word got out he was in the market for in calf heifers about 3 months in calf, local cattle dealers use to bring him some heifers, and his sister in law went around local farms scouting for heifers he wanted about 200 .

They use to get heifers coming in 4-5 day , they where all checked that they were in calf and given a foot and month vaccine, when they were in a yard, they where all feed well, I think he use to send 1-2 truckloads at a time, a 10 wheel truck 15-20 heifers per truck, it took him a couple of  months to fill his quota .

So ,do you have a yard for say 100 heifer,it should be in a big dairying area  ,and all the feed necessary for say 2 months ,a vet on hand that can check that they are in calf, handling facilities for checking and vaccinating   the heifers , and any other health problems that might arise,and  someone that can take reposabilaty  and look after the heifers while they are in the yard ( not just play with a mobile phone all day ),and maybe a few helpers.

As for me finding you some heifers at Mortlec ,I do not think so, it will take a lot more than me speaking to a few farmers  over half a day asking if they have any heifers for sale, and as I said  we have foot and month in the area, you can buy in calf heifers, but if the overseas buyer knows that they are Foot and Mouth in the area he could well say, not now, wait you could have a yard full of heifers and no buyer.    

The only way you are going to find any heifers is to get out they and find them, I will have a word with one of our local cattle dealers, see what he has to say. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 12:56 PM, kickstart said:

Do you know what you are trying to do?I said we sold in calf heifers, for export a local guy was acting as an agent for the main buyers, in Malaysia and Vietnam word got out he was in the market for in calf heifers about 3 months in calf, local cattle dealers use to bring him some heifers, and his sister in law went around local farms scouting for heifers he wanted about 200 .

They use to get heifers coming in 4-5 day , they where all checked that they were in calf and given a foot and month vaccine, when they were in a yard, they where all feed well, I think he use to send 1-2 truckloads at a time, a 10 wheel truck 15-20 heifers per truck, it took him a couple of  months to fill his quota .

So ,do you have a yard for say 100 heifer,it should be in a big dairying area  ,and all the feed necessary for say 2 months ,a vet on hand that can check that they are in calf, handling facilities for checking and vaccinating   the heifers , and any other health problems that might arise,and  someone that can take reposabilaty  and look after the heifers while they are in the yard ( not just play with a mobile phone all day ),and maybe a few helpers.

As for me finding you some heifers at Mortlec ,I do not think so, it will take a lot more than me speaking to a few farmers  over half a day asking if they have any heifers for sale, and as I said  we have foot and month in the area, you can buy in calf heifers, but if the overseas buyer knows that they are Foot and Mouth in the area he could well say, not now, wait you could have a yard full of heifers and no buyer.    

The only way you are going to find any heifers is to get out they and find them, I will have a word with one of our local cattle dealers, see what he has to say. 

Thanks for your kind support, Sir.