Another 500 foreigners arrested in Thai Immigration crackdown

webfact

24 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

It may be so for you bro', but IMO the plan is to get all overstayers out and then deal with the poorer farangs.

Luckily I'm using an agent (OK for now) but for most, it'll be 'bye bye farang - don't come back'.

Would they have me in Ozz?

I think  that you are right and have thought so for the last 3 years....

I feel sorry for these workers-a lot of the Thai used to laze in hammocks,guzzle Lao Kao and sneer at them=pretty much indentured or slave labour.

I think that the thumbscrews will be on after certain ceremonies (I include the 'general election' in that category) have been gotten out of the way.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By mid 2019 expect to see a higher number of Brits, Americans, Aussies, and Danes in these roundups.  And their excuse to the immigration police will be they couldn't comply with the new monthly income policy for an extension of stay.

500 foreigners, 121 of whom were Thais ?? Did I read that correctly? ???? Not a single black African, I guess there goes the whole racism argument out the window then! Oh wait, the raids mostly took place at places of employment, not at night on Sukhumvit,,. got it.... ????

RE - Ninety-four Lao, 86 Myanmar nationals, 68 Cambodians, two Vietnamese and an Indian and a South Korean were charged with entering the country illegally.

Seems like the backdoor dedicated for VIP's is swinging the wrong way novadays….:whistling:

So this is the third time we will be told there are no more illegal foreigners in Thailand, I expect that the main problem is the border crossings, but then what do I know I am only a foreigner, who knows nothing but sees so much. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Immigration Police Bureau deputy chief Pol Maj-General Itthipol Itthisarnronnachai

I’ll buy a carton of beer for the first person who can pronounce this name without spraining their tongue. 

7 hours ago, owl sees all said:

It may be so for you bro', but IMO the plan is to get all overstayers out and then deal with the poorer farangs.

Luckily I'm using an agent (OK for now) but for most, it'll be 'bye bye farang - don't come back'.

Only a matter of time bro,,  i know the feeling , i am on a dodgy , type D visa .

Another sleepless night .555

Archived