Jump to content

Thai Social Security for foreigner after retirement from Thai employment


AGareth2

Recommended Posts

If you were enrolled for I think 13 months or more you can continue cover for life by making the payments yourself. If your employer does not have the necessary forms go to your local SS office.

It is important not to miss a payment or you lose cover. Best to set up auto pay from your bank.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, the continuation process has to be set up immediately.

 

You cannot gain a continuation after the event. Been there done that. HR lady checked all the details and informed you I needed to go to the SS office and get a refund of my contribution then at the end of the next month go back and get the continuation all organized.

 

They laughed at me, has to be set up immediately, any gap and your dead in the water.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Also, the continuation process has to be set up immediately.

 

You cannot gain a continuation after the event. Been there done that. HR lady checked all the details and informed you I needed to go to the SS office and get a refund of my contribution then at the end of the next month go back and get the continuation all organized.

 

They laughed at me, has to be set up immediately, any gap and your dead in the water.

I paid last month Jan

So need to set up from Feb as I retire on the 7th of Feb

 Right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AGareth2 said:

I paid last month Jan

So need to set up from Feb as I retire on the 7th of Feb

 Right?

I can't answer your specific question, I suggest you go personally to the SS office before your finish work, with a thai speaker and get a totally clear answer. 

 

Good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to believe that If you miss a single month's payment during the course of your retirement you lose everything. Or do you mean that we can't miss the first payment immediately after starting retirement, in other words the transition payment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lazy Sod said:

Hard to believe that If you miss a single month's payment during the course of your retirement you lose everything. Or do you mean that we can't miss the first payment immediately after starting retirement, in other words the transition payment.

You can't miss more than 3 payments in a row or 3 payments within 12 months.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AGareth2 said:

I paid last month Jan

So need to set up from Feb as I retire on the 7th of Feb

 Right?

You have six months from the employment termination date. However, be aware that you need the pink ID card to apply, for which in turn you need the yellow house register. Also, you have to have a non-O visa first before applying. It's a bit of work but considering the cost, SSO is really good to have as a backup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, me4175 said:

You have six months from the employment termination date. However, be aware that you need the pink ID card to apply, for which in turn you need the yellow house register. Also, you have to have a non-O visa first before applying. It's a bit of work but considering the cost, SSO is really good to have as a backup.

Maybe different rules for different offices but I didn’t have pink card or yellow book when applying 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Maybe different rules for different offices but I didn’t have pink card or yellow book when applying 

That was SSO Office for District 8, Srinakarin Road. I can't speak for any other office, but they insisted this is a general requirement. They also said the pink ID card needs to be used to obtain service at the hospitals, which was the case for me at Sirindhorn Hospital. Other members have also confirmed this requirement earlier.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...