Small change Thai style -- I bent over to pick up one baht and I didn't like it

Jingthing

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/25/2019 at 4:06 PM, kannot said:

My  friend  in the Uk walks  to work daily,  3  miles and every day she picks  up any loose  change she finds on the floor, at the end of the year its  quite a bit about £35 +  the occasional  note.................at the end of the day theres  no  point in anything

Find a penny and pick it up, the rest of the day you will have good luck is what I have always been told.  I pick up every coin I find, usually give it too the first begger I see.   Karma.

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

I glued a 10 baht coin to the ground outside our office, never had so much fun watching thais trying to pick it up...best laugh for 3 months or more

I hope you glued it face down, stepping on the Kings face could be a punishable event.

I pick up any coins i see - usually. Had a slipped disk last year and now think about it, maybe not satangs .... but 0ne baht is worth the same as an old sixpence ....... that's valuable!

I did find a fiver in a urinal once - just needed a good wash ....

On 1/26/2019 at 6:57 PM, baansgr said:

I glued a 10 baht coin to the ground outside our office, never had so much fun watching thais trying to pick it up...best laugh for 3 months or more

Years ago when I worked for British Telecom, a workmate soldered a 50 pence piece to a manhole cover on the pavement (walkway).

The fun we had watching people trying to kick it out of sight of the pavement, thinking they could pick it up, and not being seen doing so.

The best was a guy who realising he couldn't shift it, got his penknife out to prise it off the manhole cover, snapping his penknife blade in the process.

19 hours ago, rickudon said:

I pick up any coins i see - usually. Had a slipped disk last year and now think about it, maybe not satangs .... but 0ne baht is worth the same as an old sixpence ....... that's valuable!

Ah, money laundering.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 4:06 PM, kannot said:

My  friend  in the Uk walks  to work daily,  3  miles and every day she picks  up any loose  change she finds on the floor, at the end of the year its  quite a bit about £35 +  the occasional  note.................at the end of the day theres  no  point in anything

I was at Don Muang airport and a Russian asked me for money.

"I need 25 baht to pay for my ticket to get back to Russia"

I gave him a 50 baht note.

I said "The other 25 baht is for you to take another one of your mafia cronies back with you" 

On 1/27/2019 at 11:00 PM, rickudon said:

I was out in the pub once, and I thought some bloke had dropped all his Fox’s Glacier Mints in the urinal.  I’m not falling for that one again

On 1/27/2019 at 11:00 PM, rickudon said:

I’ll give you a hundred baht for each Old sixpence you have, so long as you wash it first

16 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

I’ll give you a hundred baht for each Old sixpence you have, so long as you wash it first

I will bring some back with me in a few months then. 100 baht? Sold! I will even give then a good soak in bleach first, if you are worried ....

Archived