Pet owners urged to vaccinate their pets

rooster59

Pet owners urged to vaccinate their pets

Praphorn Praphornkul

f316c5e77e4c369cb7bd709db68cd226_small.jpg

KALASIN, 23rd January 2019 (NNT) - The Deputy Governor of Kalasin, Sanan Pongsakorn, has called on cat and dog owners to have their pets injected with rabies vaccine.

Mr. Sanan said rabies can be prevented if the animals that can carry the deadly virus receive the vaccine.

He said people can take their dogs, cats and other pets to receive the vaccine at the provincial offices of livestock, district offices of livestock, municipal offices, subdistrict administrative organizations or pet clinics.

In Kalasin, the provincial office of public relations and the provincial office of livestock launched a mobile unit to promote rabies prevention under the “Animals Free from Disease, Humans Be Safe from Rabies” project.

The activity was held on Wednesday (Jan 23) at Ban Ton Witthayakhan School in Kalasin’s Muang district.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- nnt 2019-01-26

Hopefully they'll use real vaccine and not that FAKE stuff.

Otherwise, good going. Promoting vaccination at a time when there isn't an epidemic going on.

There is hope for Thailand yet !

I would like to know where I can acquire genuine vaccine for Rabies/Distemper and at what price? I have 37 dogs in and around my home that are our responsibility and several others that live at other homes that my wife helps to feed and care for. The local vet requires 280 per vaccination , not sure about rabies now, forgotten what I was charged for a small bottle of vaccine that I administered myself. 

4 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

It's easier to just ditch them at a temple or elsewhere when they pass that na rak stage.

Of course it is, but for people who are not sub normal it is normal to ensure that those animals that are in their care are looked after properly.

36 minutes ago, John1012 said:

I would like to know where I can acquire genuine vaccine for Rabies/Distemper and at what price? I have 37 dogs in and around my home that are our responsibility and several others that live at other homes that my wife helps to feed and care for. The local vet requires 280 per vaccination , not sure about rabies now, forgotten what I was charged for a small bottle of vaccine that I administered myself. 

Contact this guy on Facebook Adriano Pattayavic

Given the implication to society at large, I'd say it's the government's responsibility to work with the moobaans in order to provided rabies vaccinations to animals within the villages as they use to do in the past.  They stopped - rabies became a problem again.  Go figure.
I know of a handful of Thais who care for their animals like my wife and I do our pack and cat.  We're all in a very, tiny minority of people.  If the government wants to control the rabies problem, they'll need to take the lead.

13 hours ago, John1012 said:

Be careful, in another country we had about twenty cats on our compound, a Vet was brought in, captured all the animals and vaccinated them.........more than half of them died a few days later - bad vaccine.  Maybe you can carry it from your home country on your next visit.

Archived