2018 Yamaha Moviestar front and rear shock absorbers bottoming out on very small humps in the road

n210mp

I am a bit perplexed becasue of this problem can anyone help please?

I bought the bike about 3 months ago with 5K on the clock and in fantastic condition but the shocks felt very soft  and when I had the Mrs on board the bike  "bottomed out" on the smallest hump in the road, this was on the front shocks as well as the rear.

Surely this cannot be normal on a bike relatively still new, someone suggested that the rear shocks may need "gassing"

I am not a "mechanic and would ask for your advice please?

Also would anyone know if these things are covered by the guarantee and where in Pattaya I can go to sort the problems  out? 

Thank

Yam 2.jpg

First thing check your tyre pressures. I bought a Yamaha Filano and had the same problem. Checked tyre pressures and they were inflated twice the reccomended pressure. They dont seem to use guages here. After deflating to correct pressure good as gold

13 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

First thing check your tyre pressures. I bought a Yamaha Filano and had the same problem. Checked tyre pressures and they were inflated twice the reccomended pressure. They dont seem to use guages here. After deflating to correct pressure good as gold

Yes I did check the pressures and they were very high but it didn't make any difference the shocks kept 
"bottoming out".

Not so bad when  I am on the bike alone (I am 85K ) but when  together with the lady wife they bottom out every time!

Does anyone know if these "shocks" are gas or can be

adjusted in some way? 

I have a similar bike. This is a very well documented problem with Yamaha 150 bikes. Cheap shocks. Go on to a specific forum for Yamaha owners and you will see everybody says this. Last time I looked there was no easy upgrade.

21 minutes ago, n210mp said:

Yes I did check the pressures and they were very high but it didn't make any difference the shocks kept 
"bottoming out".

Not so bad when  I am on the bike alone (I am 85K ) but when  together with the lady wife they bottom out every time!

Does anyone know if these "shocks" are gas or can be

adjusted in some way? 

Mine used to bottom out with 2 people on potholes

Dealer fixed it for free, hasn't happened since 

Archived